Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
The Jets suck too for that matter. What an easy schedule.

Yeah but I only know one Jets fan so I can't gloat all that much. It's amazing just how many Dolphins fans there are in the area though, I know about 10 Phins fans and it would feel good to rub it in all their faces if the Bears can take that game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Yeah but I only know one Jets fan so I can't gloat all that much. It's amazing just how many Dolphins fans there are in the area though, I know about 10 Phins fans and it would feel good to rub it in all their faces if the Bears can take that game.

You're mean. :(

p.s. You guys are going to kill us.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
You're mean. :(

p.s. You guys are going to kill us.

It's what I do. I have good memories of a Bears defense just brutalizing Daunte Culpepper and P-Nut "It's more fun to just tackle the reciever than to turning around and defend the damn pass." Tillman jumping numerous passes thrown to his side of the field, usually while covering Randy Moss but that's a whole 'nother story. And yes I have managed to completely repress the memories of him tearing apart the Bears teams of the past, I'm convinced that was a different person.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
I just LOVE the fact that the Bears play the AFC East this year simply because of the Phins and Bills games (both games also being played in Chicago) this shall be a fun season.

The Bills defense seems solid as hell, and they can play on the road, nearly beating New England at Gillette, going down to Dolphins Stadium and putting on a great defensive display against a revamped offense, led by Mularkey, who as I seem to recall, held some position within the Bills organization last year.

The Bills game will not be easy, so long as they stay healthy. It might be like a 7-3 game.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
The Bills defense seems solid as hell, and they can play on the road, nearly beating New England at Gillette, going down to Dolphins Stadium and putting on a great defensive display against a revamped offense, led by Mularkey, who as I seem to recall, held some position within the Bills organization last year.

The Bills game will not be easy, so long as they stay healthy. It might be like a 7-3 game.

Well, almost no game in the NFL is actually "Easy" these days. But at least this season, I think that's a game the Bears should still win, because I think the Bills are 1 year away.

They have a ton of talent on that team, especially on defense, adn what looks to be a solid coaching staff, but the one problem is that they're still young. That coaching staff has only been there a few games, Losman is still finding out where he should be, and the offensive line is still working on playing together.

Another draft and another year of development from Losman, and they've got a shot to be scary. But I think Losman is still at the "Manage games but don't lose them" stage, and to be dominant the team will need him to win a few.

The Bears should win that game, and they're going to win it on the lines...the Bills offensive line especially I don't think will be able to hold up to that Bears defensive front.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Well, almost no game in the NFL is actually "Easy" these days. But at least this season, I think that's a game the Bears should still win, because I think the Bills are 1 year away.

They have a ton of talent on that team, especially on defense, adn what looks to be a solid coaching staff, but the one problem is that they're still young. That coaching staff has only been there a few games, Losman is still finding out where he should be, and the offensive line is still working on playing together.

Another draft and another year of development from Losman, and they've got a shot to be scary. But I think Losman is still at the "Manage games but don't lose them" stage, and to be dominant the team will need him to win a few.

The Bears should win that game, and they're going to win it on the lines...the Bills offensive line especially I don't think will be able to hold up to that Bears defensive front.

I definitely agree on all accounts here.

A year of working together, and an offseason to add some pieces via draft and FA, and the Bills could challenge whoever for the AFC East next year, and I think 6-7 wins is possible this year.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
The Bills d is fine and dandy but once again it was more about Culpepper not being able to make a f'n throw that cost the phins the game. He looks like absolute crap so far.

Sounds like the same Culpepper we saw in Minnesota the past few years, he's also slimmed down quite a bit which was always a big advantage he had. Comming into the season I figured Harrington would be starting in Miami about halfway through the year when Culpepper completely implodes and likely injures himself.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Well the Colts play the Jags tomorrow sans Vinatieri, Sanders, Stokley, and Simon.

With or without any of those guys...I still think the game will 100% be decided on whether or not Peyton Manning has learned how to change up his game plans to deal with a pass rush.

Every team that has beaten him the last few years has gotten huge amounts of pressure on him up front. Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, all did the same thing. Don't let Manning have time to take 7 step drops and pick you apart.

Eventually, usually around the late 3rd quarter, Manning realizes he's losing and switches for a drive or two to a short, 3 step drop passing game along with some draw plays, and winds up scoring a touchdown, but it's usually not enough.

Until he learns that sometimes he can't do exactly the same thing every game...it won't matter if he has all 4 of those guys, or none of them, etc.

Yikes, Ben Roethlisberger has been the worst QB in the league thus far. More bad effects from a stupid offseason decision compiled with his appendectomy. Steelers gave the game to the Bengals with 5 turnovers, while Carson Palmer tried to give it back with 2 INT's and 4 fumbles of his own. Believe it or not, but most Steelers fans are ready for Cowher to go. His favorites on the team that he keeps throwing on the field hurt the team time after time.