Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
Welcome to the Hall, Thurman. You sure made them all pay for passing on you in the draft. Linkity.

(Michael Irvin, Bruce Matthews, Roger Wehrli, Charlie Sanders, and Gene Hickerson will be joining him)

Iam personally happy seeing Irvin get in.He had his share of problems but he got through it.He seems like he is actually a good guy to be around when some might still judge him on his past.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Overrated no more.

2007 Super Bowl Champions!

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Enjoy it, if anyone had to beat the Bears I'm glad it was the Colts. I couldn't watch any of the post game because well it hurt pretty damn bad but I did enjoy seeing Manning celebrate.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
Enjoy it, if anyone had to beat the Bears I'm glad it was the Colts. I couldn't watch any of the post game because well it hurt pretty damn bad but I did enjoy seeing Manning celebrate.

Likewise, I was not going to be totally destroyed if the Bears won because I've come to respect them, especially with Lovie at the helm.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)
I want to point out I have absolutely no problem if Rivera leaves. We can promote Babich who is more of a Lovie guy anyway.

And yes I have a problem with Rivera's defensive game plan.

Hes a good coordinator but i think hes greatly overrated. hes just running a basic cover two and doesnt have much of a blitz package. Teams know were gonna try to beat them with our defensive line and we ran into a team who could stop it. Im not that thrilled with either coordinator but dont want to hae to learn new systems with the team being so close.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 11:48 PM)
Hes a good coordinator but i think hes greatly overrated. hes just running a basic cover two and doesnt have much of a blitz package. Teams know were gonna try to beat them with our defensive line and we ran into a team who could stop it. Im not that thrilled with either coordinator but dont want to hae to learn new systems with the team being so close.

You're not supposed to have to run blitz packages with the cover 2, all the pass rush is supposed to come from the defensive line so the linebackers can play in coverage and you can not blitz defensive backs because of how important they are in the secondary to the cover 2 scheme. If you put Rivera in a defense that allows for a little more creativity than the cover 2 I could see him absolutely thrive, the man knows what he's doing and frankly I think the cover 2 scheme is holding him back.

I almost hope he leaves the Bears just so I can see what he's capable of doing with a non-cover 2 defense that he's able to put his signature on.