Gregory Pratt

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Yep, but people were comparing him to great players like Sizemore just three days ago. I just hope that he turns out to not be our version of Sean Burroughs. I'm optimistic that he'll become a fine player.

He is going to be a doubles type hitter. Lots of line drive power oppo. He will give us great defense. He probably wont be a dong hitter. But we have enough of those.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
When he does this for more than a week, then I will say he is going to have his one prototypical good month. Until then he is a .230 hitter because he hits like a .230 hitter.

I've seen Uribe long enough to know he goes on an extended hot streak at least once a year. I'm hoping this is it. I've got a feeling it is.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 03:22 AM)
He is going to be a doubles type hitter. Lots of line drive power oppo. He will give us great defense. He probably wont be a dong hitter. But we have enough of those.

HE NEEDS TO DECIDE IF HE WANTS TO BE A POWER HITTER OR SPEED PLAYER. Thankfully KW traded Chris Young...that would suck for Ozzie if we had someone who could do both.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
HE NEEDS TO DECIDE IF HE WANTS TO BE A POWER HITTER OR SPEED PLAYER. Thankfully KW traded Chris Young...that would suck for Ozzie if we had someone who could do both.

Do you suppose Ozzie does that with all his players? Right around the All-Star Break he went to AJ and told him he had to decide if he wanted to be a power or speed guy and since AJ has no speed what so ever he was forced to swing for the fences every AB?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
This is a long ass game. Feels like it at least.

Hopefully Bobby has his stuff tonight.

Garcia starts tend to have that effect on people.

This is currently the best defensive OF we've had all year, it's a damn shame we'll never be able to see it for a full game though.

THORNTON NOW!