Sox vs. Indians...Anthony John Walkoff

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 03:45 AM)
I can't believe anyone could be this dense. Jenks is hurt. He's been saying all week that he's hurt and obviously isn't 100%. When you put your closer into the game in THAT situation, then he has to be on a short leash. THAT is the situation where you don't leave your closer out there to give out double after double after double. Do you get it...finally?

Stop making sense.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 03:45 AM)
Jenks is our f***ing closer, if you are not aware! Do you think Torres will pull Mariano after two men got on base when his team is leading by two runs? Have some decency to acknowledge this is all on Jenks!

Nope, Torre doesn't pitch Rivera if he's not feeling good. There's been at least three games this year where he didn't put Rivera out there, as he knew he wasn't 100 percent. If Jenks was healthy, then I would have had no problem with him being left out there that long.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Jenks is our f***ing closer, if you are not aware! Do you think Torres will pull Mariano after two men got on base when his team is leading by two runs? Have some decency to acknowledge this is all on Jenks!

If Mariano had a bad hip, and then they flew him to New York for an MRI, and then he was throwing 88 and his cutter wasnt moving and he gave up 2 or 3 doubles, sure I think even Torre would pull him. Or probably wouldnt pitch him until he was 100%.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
You are forgetting one part of your little simulation. Lets add the fact that they packed him up, put him on a plane and send him home, then they put him in a machine to see why his hip hurts because its obviously is bothering him. You dont give a guy an MRI unless you think something might not be kosher.

again with this he was sent home on a plane, if it was serious enough he wouldnt of been out there. point. blank. period.

If you want to blame Ozzie, here's where I'll accept the criticism.

This game was lost when with runners on first and second we can't

ask AJ to bunt because we know he can't get the runners over.

We need to bunt there with the 2 run lead to expand it.

We can't bunt because our guys can't bunt.

If that is Oz's fault then I can accept that if you blame him for having

a team that can't f***ing bunt.

But putting in Jenks ... my god.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)

Sox were not up by two runs with two men on base. Sox were up by one run with one in and a man on second base after back to back doubles. Jenks had nothing. Not his fault, he's hurt. Ozzie left him in to give up yet another double.

Get it now?

Nope, Torre doesn't pitch Rivera if he's not feeling good. There's been at least three games this year where he didn't put Rivera out there, as he knew he wasn't 100 percent. If Jenks was healthy, then I would have had no problem with him being left out there that long.

remember the dreaded double header where rivera didn't pitch the second game...

Because guys, the way teams do it is the f***ing trainer deems if a guy

if fit to play or not.

That's why they call it a TEAM.

If the f***ing trainer and GM deem the guy fit to play he is our CLOSER.

He gets the call.

Your basic point is that a player is either ok to play or he isn't and that a manager shouldn't differentiate between a pitcher who is at 100% and one who is at 75%. That is idiotic. He was in a situation where no one knew how much his injury would affect his pitching. So, if you put him in, you look closely and have a quick hook. You don't leave him out there when he clearly doesn't have his stuff AT ALL just because he's the closer. Your simplicity on this issue is mind blowing.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:46 PM)
looks like we're gonna have some bannings after this gamethread tonight huh? facts are that bobby is obviously not 100%. should he have started the inning? yes. should he have been on a SHORT leash because of what's goin on? yes.

What's sad about this is that Thornton was ready in the pen at the beginning of the inning. Ozzie knew Jenks might run into problems, and that's why Thornton was warming. Yet it took 4 doubles to bring him in.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 03:47 AM)
again with this he was sent home on a plane, if it was serious enough he wouldnt of been out there. point. blank. period.

It didn't show any structural damage. At this point in the season, I doubt a competitor like Jenks is going to say he's can't pitch. It's the same as Buehrle and Contreras, if you ask me. Actually, I think Jenks' injury is worse than Buehrle's right now.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
looks like we're gonna have some bannings after this gamethread tonight huh? facts are that bobby is obviously not 100%. should he have started the inning? yes. should he have been on a SHORT leash because of what's goin on? yes.

wow,

i am glad i stayed out of here tonight.....

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)

Stop lying Fathom. If Jenks was healthy, you would have still jumped on Ozzie. Admit it! You are just watching every single negative that you can find to blame on Ozzie. Since last year!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
If you want to blame Ozzie, here's where I'll accept the criticism.

This game was lost when with runners on first and second we can't

ask AJ to bunt because we know he can't get the runners over.

We need to bunt there with the 2 run lead to expand it.

We can't bunt because our guys can't bunt.

You think a bunt is going to move runners along with an injured Thome on second and Konerko on first???

You don't know how Jenks' hip is going to react until he's actually out there on the mound in a game situation. It was appearant from the get go that he was going to get lit up most all of us in the thread saw it imediately Ozzie should have seen the same and got Thornton in there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)

Torre has a nice cushion, and can be afforded the luxery of playing somewhat-injured players.

If Bobby's medically cleared to play by Herm and everyone involved in that decision, then I have no problem putting him in.

I do think it was a mistake not to have Thornton face Grady, but I don't blame him for showing some confidence in his pitcher.

I hope we win this ballgame. I don't want this to end on such a bulls*** note.