Black Jack to do Saturday Game

Heads22

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
yeah i agree.... maybe its cause pbp is a little more mindless than color

Trust me, after spending a few years broadcast, PBP is easy. Its color that take some work.

I did like the chemistry in this booth though. Black Jack sounds much better this year.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 03:25 AM)
i liked black jack tonight, thought he had some pretty hilarious lines.

on the HBP after it hit the jersey,

"what they should do, is make him stand there and really get hit, then go to first"

my favorite was DJ, Ventura, and Hawk.... those 3 just seemed to have a lot of fun together and having a 3rd person in the booth helps avoid the quiet patches.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
Bring back the Whimpster. Whimpy and Hawk were the best. I miss Whimpy.

He's the color guy for the Nationals now.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
Black Jack did pretty good as an announcer. It was different without Hawk. Harrellson and DJ are good announcers.

Black Jack is nice as long as he has new things/perspectives to talk about that we don't hear a lot of times...since our usual 2 announcers aren't Cy Young winners.

Honestly though...sometimes I enjoy the homerism, the hawkisms, and the back & forth between Hawk & DJ. It gives a real spice to conversations that could really get repetitive over the course of a couple seasons.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 07:14 PM)
I think part of it is that DJ doesn't have to worry about stepping on Hawk's toes. These two just shoot things off each other as if they were just talking as friends.

thats what i really liked about last nights broadcast, it was laid back but very insightful. I like hawk even though he is a huge Homer, and i wouldn't mind this combo in the future.