Top of the 9th, what's your call?

Frank the Tank 35

Top of the 9th, what's your call?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What's your take on the top of the ninth? Be honest...

• Jenks is the closer. Start the 9th with him and end the ninth with him.
    • Jenks should have started the 9th but been pulled after the first one or two batters.
    • Thorton or Hermanson should have started the 9th.
    • Ozzie's the best. 2005 2005 2005! His chevy commercials are funny. I smell like cat food.
    • Ozzie's an idiot. Worst manager ever. What has he ever done for us? Crayons make me angry.

If Jenks says he's healthy, he's got the ninth. I do know the gun at USCF was clocking his fastball at 97. I won't comment on its accuracy. I think the Sox are in a postion now where its not alright to stick with a guy too long. They must win. If Jenks says he's fine and the Sox are leading by a run in the 9th tonight, I would expect to see him again. But you better have someone ready just in case. Everyone has to be on a very short leash for the rest of the season. You don't want to go to Minnesota the last series of the season having to win 2.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
You know what, if you want to discuss it then do so, just knock this s*** off. If you truely believe any of this s*** to be the case then you didn't read the game thread in the top of the 9th last night.

Which poses a question for me Kalapse. I was watching but to disgusted to get back on line but went on after the game to see what everybody was saying. Where do the game threads go so quick?

Overall...though to second guess the 9th IMO. I think my only second guess would have been to send Mac back out there after mowin em down in the eighth. He was loose...in a rythm and looked good. I was a little nervous knowing Bobby hadn't pitched in a while coming off a hip tweak.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Which poses a question for me Kalapse. I was watching but to disgusted to get back on line but went on after the game to see what everybody was saying. Where do the game threads go so quick?

Overall...though to second guess the 9th IMO. I think my only second guess would have been to send Mac back out there after mowin em down in the eighth. He was loose...in a rythm and looked good. I was a little nervous knowing Bobby hadn't pitched in a while coming off a hip tweak.

After every game the game thread is moved to the Archives: 2006 Season in Review so you can go back and find any game thread from the '06 season in there.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
Thanks man!

I just want to know who says that a bullpen pitcher has it or not. Art Kushner, Man SO Lee, the security guard at the gate. Ozzie calls for a lefty or righty and if there stuff is not there who knows it.. Cooper monitors the pitchers when they are in the game.. Can anyone say Bobby's velocity isn't there, his curve ball is flat. Or do they go into the game regardless. I know they are professionals and are suppose to do their job but isn't anyone delegated to tell Cooper that Jenks sucks now and if you put him in today!!! it will be a big mistake..

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
Caught a little of the postgame. and AJ admitted the gun was at least 4 MPH off. I was in the UD behind home plate, so couldnt really see that much, but from what I have heard from a few people that watched it on TV, it looked like Jenks had nothing.

Well Boone did hit 95 and Freddy did hit 92. As far as this thread goes, I actually could have seen it either way when Grady came to the plate, it's hard to pull a closer like Jenks when the save opp is still in tact if he's healthy. After Grady's bloop though, then you get him out of there for sure. The call with Grady just could have gone either way imo.