More movie sequels on the way

juddling

MGM launches five movie sequels

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 7 (UPI) -- Hollywood studio MGM is launching five movie sequels -- "Legally Blonde 3," "WarGames 2," "Species 4," "Into the Blue 2" and "Cutting Edge 3."

MGM Worldwide Television Distribution Group will manage the worldwide sales campaigns, although it is unknown if the pictures will screen in theaters or go directly to DVD, zap2it.com reported.

MGM announced the launch of "Legally Blonde 3," promising more beauty and brains -- even though Oscar-winning actress Reese Witherspoon will not reprise her role from the first two "Blonde" films.

"Cutting Edge 3" billed as a romantic, competitive skating drama, follows the 1992 comedy and TV adaptation on ABC earlier this year.

"Into the Blue 2" is a thriller about treasure hunters, and "War Games 2" is a thriller involving high-level computer operations, which begins filming in November.

"Species 4" is a sci-fi saga about alien hybrids that starts production in October with Frank Mancuso Jr. executive producing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember Wargames as it would be on my Top 5 movie list, and it pains me to think of a sequel. Almost like a sequel to Tron. UGH!!!!

:chair

One of the times I went into "Family Video" recently I laughed my ass off at what one of the employees said.

Pointing to the "Prequels and Sequels (with some remakes thrown in too)", he said "and over there is the wall proving that Hollywood can't come up with a decent idea to save their lives"

Sadly, this terrible movies will probably make the studio money, thus encouraging them to keep cranking out s***.