• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
It wasn't a mop-up situation.

Ladies and gentlemen, buckle up and get ready for another roller-coaster ride. Why can't we win any game the easy way??? We just have to make every game exciting and tight!

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Ladies and gentlemen, buckle up and get ready for another roller-coaster ride. Why can't we win any game the easy way??? We just have to make every game exciting and tight!

Now I am so happy that Ozzie didn't replace Dye.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 01:56 AM)

Yep...it's amazing that you think we've had two games in the last two weeks where we were up by like 7 or 8, and the opposition ended up getting the tying run to the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Yep...it's amazing that you think we've had two games in the last two weeks where we were up by like 7 or 8, and the opposition ended up getting the tying run to the plate.

Fathom, my stomach is not feeling well at all. It was doing perfectly fine about 15 minutes ago. Man, gotta gut another one out!

Indeed.

I wonder if Oz is going to keep the starters out there a little bit longer now.

That also means like you've said our non-relievers STINK big time.

Which also means if and when we get in the postseason, we will never see them again until next year.

Edited by S720

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
I sincerely hope Guillen isn't considering bringing Jenks out tonight. Give him rest. It's obvious something is wrong.

I noticed MacDougal is warming as well. He should be closing the game, not pitching in the 8th. Have Thornton pitch then.

MacDougal the 8th, then Thornton the 9th.

Here we go guys. Strap it up and get ready for a turbulent ride! Damn, I hate this!

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Indeed.

I wonder if Oz is going to keep the starters out there a little bit longer now.

Garland had 106 pitches.

I have no problem with Guillen removing him and finding work for Logan, considering Cleveland trailed by 9 runs.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
I had no problem with taking Garland out, I mean who could have seen this debacle coming.

I don't disagree at all with taking him out. Just saying after seeing the pen be real itchy as of late, if he'll stick with the starters longer than he normally would.

Then again he doesn't panic...

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
MacDougal the 8th, then Thornton the 9th.

Here we go guys. Strap it up and get ready for a turbulent ride! Damn, I hate this!

I have a problem with this considering MacDougal has closing experience and has pitched far better than Thornton in the period since his arrival.

It's not like chosing between MacDougal and Cotts -- both Mac and Thornton are good pitchers -- but I'd give the advantage to Mike in a high leverage situation such as the 9th.