Chicago pictures.

DePloderer

OK, so my Internet is now working again. Here are some pictures from my recent visit to Chicago. I tried really hard not to follow the tourist trail and aside from a couple of exceptions I think I succeeded.

John Hancock Centre.

johnhancocktowerbw2az5.th.jpg

Views from John Hancock Centre.

chicago5std6.th.jpg

chicago3sng4.th.jpg

chicago6sxb2.th.jpg

chicago7stk7.th.jpg

Downtown Chicago.

chicago9sms0.th.jpg

If anyone knows the street name, please let me know.

reflection1swl9.th.jpg

chicago10shu7.th.jpg

Again I'm not sure which building this is. I think it is some form of bank, could anyone help me out?

Some Art works.

Picasso.

picassosjb6.th.jpg

Flamingo.

flamingo2tr2.th.jpg

Cloud Gate ( by a Brit no less!)

cloudgate3sba0.th.jpg

cloudgate1soj8.th.jpg

The bottom photo is definitely the harold washington library.

I think the first one is either state or rush street...

Edit: After looking at it a little closer, its definitely rush street... probably near its intersection with grand.

you can see the Saks fifth avenue building and Tower... those are both on Michigan which would be one block east. So I think its Rush street near around grand avenue or so...

Edited by AbeFroman

Hey DePlod, do you still have those photos in full size, high res? I have been looking for a few good photos of Chicago in high res that I can have made into black & white posters to frame.

If you have them, would you consider allowing me to use them for a little personal art?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Hey DePlod, do you still have those photos in full size, high res? I have been looking for a few good photos of Chicago in high res that I can have made into black & white posters to frame.

If you have them, would you consider allowing me to use them for a little personal art?

Yes, no problem, I still have the origionals. I worked on the origionals at around 12 inch by 8 inch at about 300 pixels per inch. These I reduced and posted. what do you mean by high res?

The picture of Joe's is at the SW corner of Grand & Rush, looking North on Rush. The picture with the green gothic peak is the main branch of the Chicago Public Library (which I believe is still the largest public library in the world, or at least was when it was completed in the early 90's).

Edited by Damen

QUOTE(Damen @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)
The picture of Joe's is at the SW corner of Grand & Rush, looking North on Rush. The picture with the green gothic peak is the main branch of the Chicago Public Library (which I believe is still the largest public library in the world, or at least was when it was completed in the early 90's).

ty