And Thats a White Sox Winner

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
another encouraging starting performance. but the slop we brough out of the pen was disgusting

But at least it was AAA pitchers that did the worst. The real back end of the pen was very good. BMac should be a lot better.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
tomorrow is f***ing huge now

3/4 would be a big boost after the embarrassment we took thursday, and it'd be payback for a similar 4 game set in cleveland last year if we can pull it together

A win tomorrow and we are either 2.5 behind Detroit with 3 games left against Detroit, or we're .5 games up in the Wild Card.

Yeah, Tomorrow is freaking Gigantic. Jopefully Javy can keep on the roll he's been on lately.

I was at tonights game.

My thoughts are I loved how our offense approached it tonight. Hitting the ball where it was pitched If it was center in or middle of the plate they pulled it and sent it out, if it was away they hit it to right center. Very sweet looking O tonight.

Uribes homer left the park in like a blink of an eye. It was one of fastest I have seen jump out in a long time.

The Navy was represented well, they were doing chants towards the end of the game.

Good win. No matter how the bullpen imploded.

If we play well tomorrow we could be 2 1/2 out of first.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
I was at tonights game.

My thoughts are I loved how our offense approached it tonight. Hitting the ball where it was pitched If it was center in or middle of the plate they pulled it and sent it out, if it was away they hit it to right center. Very sweet looking O tonight.

it is games like tonight that have taken me from despising Greg Walker last year back to praising him somewhat like I was doing in 2004 (before I was at this board). Our hitters went up there with a plan on how to beat these guys, and they acted on it step by step. There have been quite a few games this season where you could see that they had plans, and had success doing it. The prime example is still our beating up on Halladay.

Yeah, some of our guys have struggled at times or gotten pull-happy of late, but I've been much happier with Walker this season than last.

Nice win, this team hates my heart but it's all good when they pull 'em out.

I'm looking very forward to these next two games to see what Javy and JC have. Especially with Contreras, I'm very interested to see if the Count is back to playoff form or if that was just one dominant game against Boston.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Nice win, this team hates my heart but it's all good when they pull 'em out.

I'm looking very forward to these next two games to see what Javy and JC have. Especially with Contreras, I'm very interested to see if the Count is back to playoff form or if that was just one dominant game against Boston.

He had an awesome performance against the Tigers, a boatload of awful starts, and than an awesome performance against the Red Sox. I'm convinced he's healthy but having a hell of a time finding any sort of consistent release point. You don't dominate like he did in two different games without being healthy, imo, or at least reasonably healthy.

Javy has been much better after making his adjustment and is due to pick up a W. However, even with his last start included, he is still struggling to get deeper into games and considering how our pen does (anyone not named Thorty, Jenks, and MacDougall) earlier in the games we'll need Javy to go at least 6, hopefully 7.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
We really need a Mike MacDougal Appreciation Thread. He's been awesome with holding down this bullpen. That's turning into a great move in hindsight by KW.

I was just thinkin this same thing...he has been a HUGE addition to our team and IMO if kenny doesnt make that trade we are probably at least 2 games worse...the guy has stepped right in and been as good as politte cotts and hermie were last year, and thats exactly what we needed. not to mention ozzie has asked him to go 1+ innings quite a bit and he has gotten the job done....all the while other pick ups like majewski and guaradado for the reds havent worked out at all, and we got macdougal much cheaper than the reds got majewski

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
We really need a Mike MacDougal Appreciation Thread. He's been awesome with holding down this bullpen. That's turning into a great move in hindsight by KW.

Big Time addition. Thank god he's finally getting some quality time now...especially now when he's needed. Seems he wasn't given too many chances earlier. That was the only second guess I had the other night when AJs walkoff...was Mac finishing. He dominated the eighth. Great pick up!