White Sox vs. Tribe

Chisoxfn

A big series with Javier Vazquez toeing the rubber in what could give the Sox 3 out of 4 against the Tribe and some real momentum. Sox currently have a 2 game winning streak which was built behind strong starts by Freddy Garcia and Jon Garland and some poor work by our bullpen (well Jenks in one game and Logan/Bmac in the other).

Come on Sox, lets take this series and bring some momentum to Anaheim where I'll be in attendance following my first day at my first real job (ie the kind that is no longer just a part time gig). :cheers

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's high expectations for Vazquez...again. After that great start in Boston, now we have to see if he can duplicate it. Lord knows he hasn't put 2 great starts together this season, so maybe he's due.

QUOTE(G&T @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
There's high expectations for Vazquez...again. After that great start in Boston, now we have to see if he can duplicate it. Lord knows he hasn't put 2 great starts together this season, so maybe he's due.

He hasn't let up more than 2 runs since August 20th. Now, his starts haven't been great besides the last one, but he's been good recently.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
We really need to get our bullpen right. We have a couple of studs (MacDougal, Thornton), an injured stud (Jenks), and then what seems like a bunch of players who have no business even coming into a ML game.

McCarthy and Cotts and september call-ups... wow. It's sad that I have to say that I agree, none of which have any business coming into a ML baseball game in a pennant race. Riske might still be an okay pitcher, but we wouldn't know.. he getsl less work than Boone and Haegar.

Issued by the National Weather Service at 11:00 am CDT on September 10, 2006

Light rain and rain showers will continue to move northeastward across the area through 1 PM CDT. The most widespread rain will occur generally of Interstate 80...with widely scattered light showers to the south of this area.

Looks like it should subside around gametime and become on-and-off after that. Should get it in.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
He hasn't let up more than 2 runs since August 20th. Now, his starts haven't been great besides the last one, but he's been good recently.

Is that because he's been good or because he's been pulled at the right time?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

MVP, RF

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Crede, 3B

AJ, C

Uribe, SS

BA, CF

Vaz, SP

Interesting. Crede and AJ are flipped from their normal positions. I guess since AJ's average has gone below .300 and Crede's is over, Ozzie decided there wasn't much reason to put AJ 6th anymore - no more second leadoff hitter.

So I looked at some of the batter matchups against Vazquez for Cleveland. There is only one player on the CLE roster with a career average better than .273 against Vaz. And that person is...

Starting pitcher Paul Byrd. He's 1 for 2 against Vazquez.

Anyone think we'll see him at DH?

:D

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
Interesting. Crede and AJ are flipped from their normal positions. I guess since AJ's average has gone below .300 and Crede's is over, Ozzie decided there wasn't much reason to put AJ 6th anymore - no more second leadoff hitter.

It might be less about their averages and more about the lefty-lefty matchup.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
OUR 6TH LEADOFF HIT IN THE SECOND HALF!!!

actually that's wrong. Pods has 5. That was Pablo's second.

First time our leadoff hitter reached since the first game against Tampa, if my memory is correct.

IGUCHI!! His approach at the plate is awesome right now.