White Sox v. Angels, 9/11, Gamethread

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
They're just not being consistently tough outs.

Swing as hard as you can, just in case you make contact is not a way of being a tough out. Uribe falling over yesterday with men on late in the game still has me vomiting. We had AJ falling over on a 2 strike pitch, and now mr autoout. You cannot tell me that you are trying to make contact when you physically fall to a knee after a breaking pitch is thrown.

By the way, I don't know if anyone in Chicago has noticed...Chone Figgins is having a season that rivals Podsednik in how poor it's been. Just for those who might suggest trading for Figgins in the offseason.

And, interestingly enough...Scoscia dropped him in the Order. No wonder they're in 2nd place...you can't win games if you admit something isn't working in your lineup...if you drop your speed guy out of the 1st slot, you can't possibly win games!

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
Its very annoying to have mlb.tv and hear for the last 3 or 4 road series that this is the "vaunted white sox offense," everytime this gets mentioned we score like 2,3 runs. good stuff.

the most annoying thing about mlbtv is that they wont change that damn screen during commercials...im so sick of seeing the esteban loaiza word jumble and that weird cut to the tom petty performance

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
Its very annoying to have mlb.tv and hear for the last 3 or 4 road series that this is the "vaunted white sox offense," everytime this gets mentioned we score like 2,3 runs. good stuff.

Our offense has been crap since the allstar break. We are the 11th best team in scoring runs.

We have scored 5 more runs than a 14 million dollar team in the NL.

We scored 520 runs in the first half. We have scored 269 so far with 2 weeks to go in the 2nd half.

That is the tale of the crappy hitting that our poo poo offense has become in the 2nd half.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
What the f*** is that supposed to mean? If you have listened to DJ long enough you would know that kind of thing happens quite often.

I don't believe in jinxes. And lots of cub fans believe in jinxes (and curses).