Figgins for Crede Article

DBAHO

I like Figgins more than Podsednik. Better defense makes him more valuable, and seems to do the little things with more consistency and success. I wouldn't mind seeing him in silver and black come March, but not at that asking price.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to believe the Sox have been so patient with Crede only to trade him away when all their patience pays off. I'd would be absolutely stunned if he is traded unless the concern about his back is what fuels it. They still have time to deal with Boras, or maybe Crede dumps him to try to get a deal done. I think its a better bet you'll be able to tour a peaceful Middle East, than see Boras hammering out a long-term contract for a major player with JR.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
I find it hard to believe the Sox have been so patient with Crede only to trade him away when all their patience pays off. I'd would be absolutely stunned if he is traded unless the concern about his back is what fuels it. They still have time to deal with Boras, or maybe Crede dumps him to try to get a deal done. I think its a better bet you'll be able to tour a peaceful Middle East, than see Boras hammering out a long-term contract for a major player with JR.

Tis is what I was thinking, he has been a project for a few years now and has only been a top tier player for a year and a half roughly. He can be a cornerstone for this team for a while, if they can resign him of course. It would be like getting rid of Garland after all those bad outings a few years ago waiting for him to develop.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)

Crede's not going anywhere. The second Ozzie put Fields in LF today, that sealed Crede's fate, IMO. BTW, how much most Pods suck for Rongey to say that he's been bad this year? Rongey was ripping on Pods today, and said that we'll have a new LF next year.

QUOTE(2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
why trade away crede for chone figgins when chone figgins clone is on the sox bench...Pablo Ozuna, hes unproven as a starter but really i think he can be just as good as chone and you wont have to give up crede

Except that Figgins can draw a walk. And he can play adequate defense anywhere he is put. And he can actually steal.

i think everybody can (or should) agree that this team is going to change after this season. one, maybe two, of our starting pitching will be gone. pods will be gone. and kw will make a trade in there for something, that will probably involve someone (other than the one or two starters).

but i don't see crede leaving anytime soon. i mean if you keep bmac and garland, you have to keep crede, don't you?

Well at least today Freddy Garcia showed he will certainly still have value, especially if teams that acquire him think that he will get his velocity back, and I actually think there's a good chance of that happening.

Just don't let him pitch in the World Baseball Classic this time. :lol:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well at least today Freddy Garcia showed he will certainly still have value, especially if teams that acquire him think that he will get his velocity back, and I actually think there's a good chance of that happening.

Just don't let him pitch in the World Baseball Classic this time. :lol:

The WBC is not an annual event.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
The WBC is not an annual event.

Even better.

There was a really good article from FoxSports about a month back about the negative impact the WBC had on pitchers who participated in it. It was really quite a worrying trend to say the least.