Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(jenksd @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
If everyone wants Anderson in for his D, why doesn't everyone want Uribe in?

thats probably a really fair point...

I guess BA is still young. He's got a lot of room to grow offensively. With uribe, you kinda know what you get.... a free swinger who's gonna walk as much as christopher reeve.

In addition, BA has hit upwards of 270 since august.

but i think you make a good point. maybe i should ease my criticism of uribe offensively.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
His D has been lackluster this year

Lackluster in comparison to last year when he was bar-none the best SS in the AL defensively? So he's only top 5 defensively now?

Sure the gap between Mack and Anderson defensively is much wider... so is the gap in hitting with those two. Cintron is an arguably better hitter(as in not a better hitter) and much worse defender. Yet, I see people b****ing when we play the matchup and it involves Mackowiak in center, then b****ing when we don't play the matchup and it involves Uribe playing over Cintron. I just don't get it.

Edited by jenksd

QUOTE(jenksd @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
Lackluster in comparison to last year when he was bar-none the best SS in the AL defensively? So he's only top 5 defensively now?

Sure the gap between Mack and Anderson defensively is much wider... so is the gap in hitting with those two. Cintron is a moderately better hitter and much worse defender. Yet, I see people b****ing when we play the matchup and it involves Mackowiak in center, then b****ing when we don't play the matchup and it involves Uribe playing over Cintron. I just don't get it.

If you don't get it then why should people bother trying to explain it? :P

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
One is a rookie showing signs of improving at the plate, the other is a vet who keeps getting heavier and who has a swing and a BA getting worse.

All of which becomes moot in a playoff race. Why don't we start Haegar over Buehrle from now on then? I mean, he's showing signs of improvement and Mark is just a pitcher whose velocity and control has gone down.