Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so do file this one under "Ozzie sucks and we should have lost this game in the 8th" or "Ozzie sucks and he got lucky"

The latter. Not every mistake loses the game. Ozzie put in the wrong pitcher and he got the team in trouble. Then he put the right pitcher in and the right pitcher got us out of trouble. That doesn't mean Ozzie did the right thing by starting with Hermanson.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
I don't know about you guys, but one of the things that pisses me off the most about Ozzie is how he thinks lefties can automatically get lefties out, even though both are lefties are probably more effect vs. righties.

Damaso Marte in 2005 says hi.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 04:17 AM)
christ hawk, this is one situation where you DON'T turn him loose....yes!

Ummm...it's probably the best time to do it. Against KRod, you're not going to put together a 3 hit inning. If you can swing at a likely fastball in that situation, let it rip.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
I don't know about you guys, but one of the things that pisses me off the most about Ozzie is how he thinks lefties can automatically get lefties out, even though both are lefties are probably more effect vs. righties.

To me, Ozzie has always been too caught up in the L vs. L and R vs. R match-up. Its a pretty known fact though that guys usually hit better facing a pitcher from their opposite side. My problem with Ozzie is when he takes pitchers who are on a roll out because of that particular match-up. There's really no telling if a guy is going to be bringing his good stuff with him from the bullpen. If someone is pitching well, l would usually leave him in.