Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest failure to fix something is trotting out pods day after day and have his pathetic OBP, pathetic BA, and pathetic defense out there. Because last year, before the allstar break he was good.

Another hitter Ks on the outside corner. Just keep it there and you will only give up a few hits and should shut us out.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
theres a lot of days when I think the soxtalk pages are too pesimistic, but if we get shutdown tonight after the tigers and twins win, its gonna feel like a morgue around here...

... and with good cause.

17 games left dude, we dug our own grave. If we can play well we can kick one of the other two teams into the hole and kick dirt over them. If we play like crap, then its adios.

I feel better that we took the pipe when we played the crap teams in the AL. Thank God we keep resting our starting lineup for winterball.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:49 AM)
theres a lot of days when I think the soxtalk pages are too pesimistic, but if we get shutdown tonight after the tigers and twins win, its gonna feel like a morgue around here...

... and with good cause.

This is the time of the year where you look back at games we've lost that we really shouldn't have (getting shutout by Boston's lefty rookie, Uribe failing to turn the DP against the Cubs, the inability to complete the sweep against bad teams), and it frustrates you that we're in this position.

QUOTE(jenksd @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
If everyone wants Anderson in for his D, why doesn't everyone want Uribe in?

One is a rookie showing signs of improving at the plate, the other is a vet who keeps getting heavier and who has a swing and a BA getting worse.