How about a new over/under game

With such a lack luster offense this year, the PTC is nice but well lacks excitement. So many as a complimentary game we could play over/under along with it. Given the close games this year, this would be much more exciting.

Someone needs access to the odds on each game, but those who play simply have to put over/under.

Here's the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/odds/index.htm

This is a good link as well:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/matc...e/g4_10600.html

If we're playing for fun, make it more challenging. Pick the final score.

Scoring

1 point for winner

3 points for guessing teams total -1 point for every run difference.

Example

Guess Sox win 7-5

Actual Sox win 6-2

1 point for guessing winner

2 pts for Sox ttl (3-1=2)

0 pts for Opp. ttl (3-3=0)

3 Points total

Keep total points for season.

Too complicated?

With such a lack luster offense this year, the PTC is nice but well lacks excitement.  So many as a complimentary game we could play over/under along with it.  Given the close games this year, this would be much more exciting.

Someone needs access to the odds on each game, but those who play simply have to put over/under.

Here's the link:

Could be interesting, are you interesting in doing the work, or just the critisizing?

With such a lack luster offense this year, the PTC is nice but well lacks excitement.  So many as a complimentary game we could play over/under along with it.  Given the close games this year, this would be much more exciting.

Here's the link:

Could be interesting, are you interesting in doing the work, or just the critisizing?

me? or JUGGERNAUT?

I wasn't criticizing. I love the PTC and if we have another game will probably jump in on that also.

Here's the link:

me? or JUGGERNAUT?

I wasn't criticizing. I love the PTC and if we have another game will probably jump in on that also.

Not you Tex, sorry that's why I didn't include your post.

Here's the link:

me? or JUGGERNAUT?

I wasn't sure if I was seen as criticizing JUGGERNAUT for his idea. I didn't intend to. I also didn't take his comments as criticizing the PTC, just the team's efforts. It certainly is more exciting when you have to spend a minute or two with the box score to separate four or five players.

I proposed a PTS as in pick to suck during one of my Sox really really suck phases. Who's going to have the most errors with game losing errors counting as double. How about bonus points on PTC? Only if the Sox lose.

Here's the link:

me? or JUGGERNAUT?

I wasn't sure if I was seen as criticizing JUGGERNAUT for his idea. I didn't intend to. I also didn't take his comments as criticizing the PTC, just the team's efforts. It certainly is more exciting when you have to spend a minute or two with the box score to separate four or five players.

I proposed a PTS as in pick to suck during one of my Sox really really suck phases. Who's going to have the most errors with game losing errors counting as double. How about bonus points on PTC? Only if the Sox lose.

Nah, it is an old thing that goes back a while. I wasn't on Juggy for his idea, it is an old thing with us...

Here's the link:

I would keep it very simple. The O/U is recorded for each gm at the USA site so there's nothing to calculate or anything like that.

Essentially every gm day thread would include a link to the usa site that breaks down the teams & players for that game. Then those who are playing pick O/U.

Here's the link:

I would keep it very simple. The O/U is recorded for each gm at the USA site so there's nothing to calculate or anything like that.

Essentially every gm day thread would include a link to the usa site that breaks down the teams & players for that game. Then those who are playing pick O/U.

If you want to keep track of all of the picks and standings and such, feel free. I wouldn't mind at all if you kept in on here. Is there any other interest in it besides the 3 of us?

If you want to keep track of all of the picks and standings and such, feel free.  I wouldn't mind at all if you kept in on here.  Is there any other interest in it besides the 3 of us?

Promoting games is your job. I think we need at least 10 people willing to play to make it worth while.

Promoting games is your job.  I think we need at least 10 people willing to play to make it worth while.

Sure is easier if a couple people pitch in. One way is to allow people to enter PTC and OU in the same email thread.

Example:

I'm taking Thomas and under

Two different people can add up the stats. One guy tracks the PTC the other the OU. I would be willing to alternate with someone on the OU.

I have a suggestion of a game only because it's stolen from cardsclubhouse.com. They have a contest called YNOT where a series of questions are asked about each series the Cardinals play. Here is a sample:

THE ANSWERS.........................

1) Who will win the series? New York

2) Will Clemens win his 300th? Yes

3) Will Pujols be over .375 after Sunday? Yes

4) How many hits will Girardi have? 1

5) How many AB will Drew have? 8

6) How many innings will the Cardinal relievers throw? 6.2

7) How many times will Edmonds K? 3

8) Will Tino hit a HR? Yes

9) Which outfield will have the most total bases? New York

10) Which starters will pitch the most innings? New York

Tiebreaker: Total number of HR for both teams 11

This is from the recent Yankees Cards series. Everybody submits their guesses before the series and then the scores and results are posted afterwards. This way you don't have to post a guess every single day. I'm not sure exactly how the scoring works but it can't be too complicated.

I have a suggestion of a game only because it's stolen from cardsclubhouse.com.  They have a contest called YNOT where a series of questions are asked about each series the Cardinals play.  Here is a sample:

This is from the recent Yankees Cards series.  Everybody submits their guesses before the series and then the scores and results are posted afterwards.  This way you don't have to post a guess every single day.  I'm not sure exactly how the scoring works but it can't be too complicated.

That sounds fun with teh right person running it.

Sure is easier if a couple people pitch in. One way is to allow people to enter PTC and OU in the same email thread.

Example:

I'm taking Thomas and under

Two different people can add up the stats.  One guy tracks the PTC the other the OU. I would be willing to alternate with someone on the OU.

As long as the under applies to the team & not the player, I like that idea.

I have a suggestion of a game only because it's stolen from cardsclubhouse.com.  They have a contest called YNOT where a series of questions are asked about each series the Cardinals play.  Here is a sample:

This is from the recent Yankees Cards series.  Everybody submits their guesses before the series and then the scores and results are posted afterwards.  This way you don't have to post a guess every single day.  I'm not sure exactly how the scoring works but it can't be too complicated.

I would love to if I can figure out how they score it on CardsClubhouse and someone can write some good questions I will do it.

EDIT: Actually the scoring is pretty simple I just didn't understand the notation. I wanna do this contest now and would love if someone help me set it up.

I would love to if I can figure out how they score it on CardsClubhouse and someone can write some good questions I will do it.

EDIT: Actually the scoring is pretty simple I just didn't understand the notation. I wanna do this contest now and would love if someone help me set it up.

So basically what we need is someone to come up with interesting prop questions and a scoring system? I can help with the Q's and A's at least. Anyone else have ideas for a scoring system?

The way I've seen to score it is to assign points to questions. There are your 2 pt. questions like "Who will win the series?" or the yes/no questions. The range goes to about 4 or 5 point questions being the most difficult. The tie breaker asks for some estimate like attendance or total HR or K's for the series. Each series then there will be only one winner. Then I just have to keep track of how many wins each person has.

The way I've seen to score it is to assign points to questions.  There are your 2 pt. questions like "Who will win the series?" or the yes/no questions.  The range goes to about 4 or 5 point questions being the most difficult.  The tie breaker asks for some estimate like attendance or total HR or K's for the series.  Each series then there will be only one winner.  Then I just have to keep track of how many wins each person has.

OK well it sounds good to me. So now we need questions and contestants...

There probably should be a few standard questions like

Who wins the series?

Total Sox runs?

Total Sox errors?

Will JM still be the Mgr?

If half are standard it will make running it and playing it simpler and easier.

Perhaps if two or three people join together the question writing could be rotated and make it easier on the volunteer.

I'd be willing to help.

There probably should be a few standard questions like

Who wins the series?

Total Sox runs?

Total Sox errors?

Will JM still be the Mgr?

If half are standard it will make running it and playing it simpler and easier.

Perhaps if two or three people join together the question writing could be rotated and make it easier on the volunteer.

I'd be willing to help.

Yeah those questions are good. The Errors and JM questions are very sox-specific :) . A question rotation would be great too so we get a nice variety. I like the sound of this.