AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER!

Guest $I Need Money$

Guest $I Need Money$

Blame it on Owens. He costed us the game today. If ozzie would of put someone experience like pablo he would of scored but not owens who will just stand there at second and not score.

Thanks Jerry

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to blame anyone on that play, AJP is guilty of not hustling out of the box. If he gets to 2nd (no excuse not to), Crede gets intentionally walked, and then Mackowiak is up with the bases loaded with 1 out. Plain and simple, this team didn't hustle tonight. Ozzie should be ashamed for letting some of the same players get away with not busting their ass on the field.

If you're going to blame anyone on that play, AJP is guilty of not hustling out of the box. If he gets to 2nd (no excuse not to), Crede gets intentionally walked, and then Mackowiak is up with the bases loaded with 1 out. Plain and simple, this team didn't hustle tonight. Ozzie should be ashamed for letting some of the same players get away with not busting their ass on the field.

Blame Owens??? That has to be a joke. There is some blame to go around in this game...but none of it goes to Owens.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:36 AM)
Blame Owens??? That has to be a joke. There is some blame to go around in this game...but none of it goes to Owens.

I'll say this about Owens. He had one of the worst jumps I've ever seen on his steal attempt. I don't think he's anywhere close to being a polished enough player to even be a reserve in the majors.

As Lee Corso would say... "Goodnight, sweetheart".

Chance to take the lead in the ninth, runners at the corners, one out, and Crede K's.

Runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs and an MVP candidate standing at the dish. What do you do? Be aggressive on the bases!

Yet another opportunity to take the lead, as Ross Gload smokes a double to RF. But, of course, Ross is the only one who can touch Dennis Eck-- err, that's Hector Carrasco.

Dustin Hermanson? In a tie game? WTF?

And, not that it makes a difference, but thanks for the help Oakland and Texas.

And I f***ing hate Jason Tyner, too, on an unrelated note. You better take this all in this year, because next year, your ass is going to be back to the normal .220 scrub that you are.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)

That's the only way I can figure it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:37 AM)

I kept asking myself, What am I missing here? But he did get out of it.

Lol at Tyner.

I did think Crede should have been swinging on the first pitch, but still, who knows. O/w, I can't say much on what I saw (only started watching in the 6th).

I kept asking myself, What am I missing here? But he did get out of it.

No one should every be surprised when Ozzie puts the wrong pitcher in. Ozzie makes odd in-game decisions with no apparent rationale behind it ALL THE TIME. It is one of his defining characterisitcs. Ozzie might as well pull names out of a hat when it is time for a pitching change.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
As Lee Corso would say... "Goodnight, sweetheart".

Chance to take the lead in the ninth, runners at the corners, one out, and Crede K's.

Runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs and an MVP candidate standing at the dish. What do you do? Be aggressive on the bases!

Yet another opportunity to take the lead, as Ross Gload smokes a double to RF. But, of course, Ross is the only one who can touch Dennis Eck-- err, that's Hector Carrasco.

And, not that it makes a difference, but thanks for the help Oakland and Texas.

And I f***ing hate Jason Tyner, too, on an unrelated note. You better take this all in this year, because next year, your ass is going to be back to the normal .220 scrub that you are.

The offense is to blame for this loss and why we have been strugglign lately. The offense is in its annual post ASB slumber. The bats will wake back up in April.

Does it seem to anyone like Jermaine Dye is plummeting right out of the MVP race right along with the White Sox in the pennant race? And not just because the team is losing, but also because Dye all of a sudden isn't getting the job done?

Yes, he isn't hot like he was. And if the Sox don't make the playoffs, it is all moot. There is no way Dye gets the MVP if the Sox aren't in the postseason.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
And yet another horrid game for Scotty Dergen. He'll make a fine DH for some Independent League team someday.

Kalapse tell me that KW will override Ozzies obsession next year with having the miniature speed guy who doesnt do anything in an OF position. I have a nasty feeling that Owens who is worthless except as a 4th OF for a bad team, or Pierre see Owens. Why else would Pods play day in and day out no matter how bad he is.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
That was obvious. He was completely fooled by the fastball.

So...I can say one guy who had a good game tonight. How about the catch by DJ?

He had a great call during the one inning the offense decided to show up. After f***ing up the score twice in a row he simply blurted out; "I'm getting excited up here!" So great.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
Kalapse tell me that KW will override Ozzies obsession next year with having the miniature speed guy who doesnt do anything in an OF position. I have a nasty feeling that Owens who is worthless except as a 4th OF for a bad team, or Pierre see Owens. Why else would Pods play day in and day out no matter how bad he is.

I wish I could say with any confidence that the Sox would turn to a nice high OBP, above average defender at leadoff next year but I just can't. I just have that sickening feeling that if Pierre isn't resigned by the Cubs sometime soon we'll be seeing Juan "I suck at life" Pierre prancing around LF next season.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:46 AM)
Does it seem to anyone like Jermaine Dye is plummeting right out of the MVP race right along with the White Sox in the pennant race? And not just because the team is losing, but also because Dye all of a sudden isn't getting the job done?

Dye looks very tired at the plate. He's not getting his arms extended, and has been hitting a lot of choppers to the left side. He's literally the last guy in this organization though that should receive any criticism right now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:52 AM)
He had a great call during the one inning the offense decided to show up. After f***ing up the score twice in a row he simply blurted out; "I'm getting excited up here!" So great.

I wish I could say with any confidence that the Sox would turn to a nice high OBP, above average defender at leadoff next year but I just can't. I just have that sickening feeling that if Pierre isn't resigned by the Cubs sometime soon we'll be seeing Juan "I suck at life" Pierre prancing around LF next season.

Pierre won't be coming here to play LF...it will be in CF. With each passing day, I think that situation is more likely.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Dye looks very tired at the plate. He's not getting his arms extended, and has been hitting a lot of choppers to the left side. He's literally the last guy in this organization though that should receive any criticism right now.

Pierre won't be coming here to play LF...it will be in CF. With each passing day, I think that situation is more likely.

Wasn't trying to criticize. Just, well, let's say mourning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)

I can't bring myself to say it no matter how likely it is, it just makes zero sense to bring in Pierre to play CF. The first step in booting Anderson's ass out the door will be leaving him off the playoff roster (if we make it) in favor of Jerry Owens.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)

Very true, he's been there for us all season long, he had to go into a slump sometime. Hopefully he snaps out of it like tomorrow because we really need him again.