AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER!

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Pierre won't be coming here to play LF...it will be in CF. With each passing day, I think that situation is more likely.

Would anyone here actually be happy at that development? I know I sure wouldn't.

At least we'd hopefully get something decent for Anderson. Like, Better than Vazquez decent.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
I can't bring myself to say it no matter how likely it is, it just makes zero sense to bring in Pierre to play CF. The first step in booting Anderson's ass out the door will be leaving him off the playoff roster (if we make it) in favor of Jerry Owens.

Anderson is KW's boy, I doubt he goes anywhere.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
Would anyone here actually be happy at that development? I know I sure wouldn't.

At least we'd hopefully get something decent for Anderson. Like, Better than Vazquez decent.

I don't know about next year, but I'll say one thing: I'd take Pierre in left and batting leadoff RIGHT NOW. But given our present situation, I guess that's not saying much.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
in truth, guerrero should have caught AJ's ball. Owens had no chance on the bases. if that ball is hit with 2 outs he scores with no problem.

Its real simple. Santana was doing what every pitcher has been doing to us this second half. He was going low and away to our righties. In one inning, we decided to attack that, and we hit the ball up the middle and the other way. Besides that we acted shocked that we were getting feed low and away. Look at Crede with men on against K rod. 94 low and away and you see a pathetic swing. These are guys going up to the dish not having a clue on what the approach is. Unless you have the reach of Vlad you cannot I repeat cannot pull a low and away 94 mph pitch and do too much with it.

The fact that our team goes up night after night without an approach for a simple way that people have taken to attack a myopic power hitting team, its either the hitters are retarded or our hitting coach is stubborn. I go with both.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Anderson is KW's boy, I doubt he goes anywhere.

This is Ozzie's team though and he's going to want a new leadoff hitter next year, a short, low OBP, no power, no arm, no defense, low SB%, low SLG%, .270-.280 hitting semi-fast guy to take over Pods' spot. Juan Pierre fits the role perfectly, he played for Ozzie (sort of) when they were both with the Marlins organization and Oswaldo fell in love.

Oz obviously has no interest in using Brian Anderson as an everyday player so what would be the point in KW leaving a guy on the roster like Anderson who's not going to play?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)
This is Ozzie's team though and he's going to want a new leadoff hitter next year, a short, low OBP, no power, no arm, no defense, low SB%, low SLG%, .270-.280 hitting semi-fast guy to take over Pods' spot. Juan Pierre fits the role perfectly, he played for Ozzie (sort of) when they were both with the Marlins organization and Oswaldo fell in love.

Oz obviously has no interest in using Brian Anderson as an everyday player so what would be the point in KW leaving a guy on the roster like Anderson who's not going to play?

Ozzie needs to go before he ruins our future with his facination with crap. Thanks for the hardware, have a nice life Ozzie.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)

I have a hard time seeing KW just let Anderson "not play." He's done that enough this season, even when he's been batting good.

As a last ditch shot in the dark, part of me wants Ozzie to just say "f*** it" tomorrow, and sit AJ, Pods, Konerko, and Thome, and put in Stewart, Ozuna, Gload, and Fields.

Such a depressing loss tonight. I'm not pissed so much as just dejected right now. I just keep waiting and waiting on this damn team, and they never produce consistently, night-to-night.

And, without sounding too complain-y, it seems like everything is going against us. We finally start getting the pitching, and our offense can't score more than three runs. Detroit throws out TWO runners at homeplate tonight. Minny comes back from a 5-3 defecit against the normally strong Justin Ducherererererer.

I knew we wouldn't be catching all the breaks like we did last year, but yikes. The baseball gods are sure coming down on us with vengeance, or so it seems.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
I knew we wouldn't be catching all the breaks like we did last year, but yikes. The baseball gods are sure coming down on us with vengeance, or so it seems.

It's because they don't like communists and since Brian Anderson is one, they hate us.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
It's because they don't like communists and since Brian Anderson is one, they hate us.

Pods obviously is not a communist. Because no matter what he does to get benched he gets trotted out.

bmac and anderson could very well be on their way out due to Ozzie.

I bet bmac or anderson is traded for some wittle fast guy who cant hit or some latin pitcher that has a 5 ERA than needs some coop time.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
I have a hard time seeing KW just let Anderson "not play." He's done that enough this season, even when he's been batting good.

KW has basically come out and said Ozzie is handling Anderson all wrong, he did it on the radio Labor Day weekend. Along with that he also said that he will not tell Ozzie how to use his players, his job is to get Ozzie his horses it's then up to Oz to use them how he sees fit. KW will not be stepping in anytime soon and telling Ozzie how to do his job.

If Ozzie was the twinks manager......hmmmm....

mauer wouldnt play against lefties.

Moreneau would of been buried last year.

And their bullpen wouldnt come into play until the 8th inning Lohse would be still on the team.'

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
Pods obviously is not a communist. Because no matter what he does to get benched he gets trotted out.

bmac and anderson could very well be on their way out due to Ozzie.

I bet bmac or anderson is traded for some wittle fast guy who cant hit or some latin pitcher that has a 5 ERA than needs some coop time.

Runelvys Hernandez did get into a fist fight with John Buck today. :ph34r:

Well here is a sobering moment.

Take a gander at our offense over the last couple of years. And tell me how has this team changed its stripes. We are on pace barely to hit better than we did last year when we sucked in O as a team

Year First Half Runs/Second Half Runs/ TR

Year FHR SHR TR

2006 520 272 792 with 17 left to play

2005 413 328 741

2004 462 403 865

2003 393 398 791

2002 474 382 856 runs

Edited by southsideirish71

Why was Gload on the bench if he and Anderson were going into the game anyway?

The guy I want up is NOT Mackowiak, it's Gload, especially with how well he's been swinging the bat in those sorts of situations. He stroked a double his next AB. He does it in that AB, we're three outs from a W.

It's Ozzie's fault, NOT Jerry Owens.

I was at the game last nite, and tonite i was thinking about going again.......Boy, I'm sure glad i didn't................I think we are all still waiting for this team to turn it on, and as much as I'd love that to see that happen, I don't think it will. Not to mention Ozzie keeps making bad managerial decisions, like playing Mack in Center, instead of sticking him in LF for Pods, who can't hit. Putting unreliable relievers like Hermansen in crucial game situations. Juggling the lineup every freaking day. I could go on and on...........I would say as of right now, the only way this team makes the playoffs is if we can somehow sweep Detroit next week.............. as long as we don't tank the rest of this road trip.

Edited by CYGarland

This game pretty much typified the Sox second half of the season in a nutshell. Same s*** different day. To tell you the truth...what's sad is losing a game like this to a pretty decent team shouldn't be that bad. I'm still stewing on the fact of pissing away games in the past couple of weeks to teams like Tampa and KC...and in part Cleveland. Honestly...this team should be in first by about 3 or 4 games. It's going to be a very long off season. Thank god the Bears have started and basketball is right around the corner. Like fathom said too...looking forward to Pods last game as a Pale Hose as well.

I'm still having a hard time figuring how people think Pierre would be an upgrade of Podsdergen?

Edited by Wanne

Just a case of how we won these close games last season and got it done it clutch situations, and in the 2nd half of the season we just haven't been doing that.

Both Minny and Detroit won today in the later innings, and if we're going to make it, we're really going to have to start to pull those type of wins out.

Still taking 2 from 3 from the Angels over there will be a pretty good result if we can pick up the win tomorrow.