Weekend Pitching Matchups

aboz56

Friday:

Jon Garland vs. Shawn Estes

Saturday:

Mark Buehrle vs. Matt Clement

Sunday:

Bartolo Colon vs. Carlos Zambrano

No Prior, No Wood = No problem for the Sox.  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

It is almost too bad we don't see Wood. Carlos would be drooling.

I'll be happy facing these three clowns.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

No Prior, No Wood = No problem for the Sox.  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

I think were looking at a sweep.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Sox should hammer Estes, Sunday's game could be a good pitching matchup :usa

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Excuse me, but after Padres, Royals, Tribe rookies and assorted Deadroit bums have shut us down all year long....I don't think it would be so outrageously unrealistic to think that Estes-UglyTroll-Zambrano trio can shut us down. Badly if they're on.

Sorry, but our hitting coach is still terrible: our hitters are out there playing SZ goalies, reacting and covering the whole plate instead of having a strategy, picking up the ball early, zoning it in, and putting short, quality swings on it. No, instead they are guessing, overswinging and getting themselves out, and with those three going for the Cubs, if you are gonna do that you're gonna get killed.

I am praying we take 2 out of 3, but we'll be lucky to win one.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

for us or them?? lol

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Excuse me, but after Padres, Royals, Tribe rookies and assorted Deadroit bums have shut us down all year long....I don't think it would be so outrageously unrealistic to think that Estes-UglyTroll-Zambrano trio can shut us down. Badly if they're on.

Sorry, but our hitting coach is still terrible: our hitters are out there playing SZ goalies, reacting and covering the whole plate instead of having a strategy, picking up the ball early, zoning it in, and putting short, quality swings on it. No, instead they are guessing, overswinging and getting themselves out, and with those three going for the Cubs, if you are gonna do that you're gonna get killed.

i think 2/3 would be lucky.

s***, built in excuse for all the Cub fans.

2 of 3 would be very acceptable. 1 of 3 doable. 0 for 3 wouldn't surprise me. Right now they are playing better than we are.

Of course I'm hoping for the sweep! My long distance bill we be huge.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Come on! I'm sure we'll win one of those games. :D :D :D

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

What have you got against Greg Walker? He hasn't had time to even get to know these guys, let alone get them to buy into his ideas. Look.. it took Cooper quite awhile last year to change the fortunes of the pitching staff. Walker deserves at least as much time to accomplish the same with our hitters.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

No f***ing joke...I don't know how anybody can be so damn confident going into this series...I know the cubs offense isn't that good, but their bats seem to wake up against us...

And with our pathetic offense, we should be lucky to win 1 game...You know the Sox and big games...doesn't mix well

Like I've said before...this series is alose/lose situation for us...if we win 2 or 3 against them cub fans will say "who cares, we're still in first place" "The Tigers beat the Yankees 2 of 3 before" blah, blah, blah...and all that crap

and if lose 2 of 3 then it's expected, the better team won, the team that has the "baseball magic"

and all that bravado....

The only thing that will make it work is if we sweep them..

I'm scared to death of this series, I'm not so confident that we will even win 1 game(although I know we will) I'm thinking of going out of town this weekend, and coming back Sunday night and seeing how the series turned out..I'll record the games and if we did good I'll rewatch them. :)

We've had so much crap luck this year and us being so f***in snakebitten we deserve a little bit of happiness...but we're Sox fans...we're doomed to live a life of misery :rolleyes:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Yeah right... ;) Well, lets ask The Magic 8-Ball on how we'll do...shall we....

http://www.only-network.com/games/m8ball/m8ball.asp?