SOX VS ANGELS.... Garcia 1 hit gem

letsgoarow

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Let's say Freddy pitches a perfect game/no hitter today and goes on to end the season strong though the Sox still do not make the playoffs. Do you suppose KW would retain him for next year?

shhhh, youre gonna jinx him

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Let's say Freddy pitches a perfect game/no hitter today and goes on to end the season strong though the Sox still do not make the playoffs. Do you suppose KW would retain him for next year?

I hope KW wouldn't. It would increase Freddy's value exponentially however

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
You mean in 2004, where he had enough power to hit it out to right center?

I know Cintron's defense isn't great, but he needs to be playing at least once every series at SS. Uribe is worthless against a lefty with a good change-up.

Yup, he was a gap to gap type of guy. 66 99 70 ratings

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Williams is smarter than that. It will only help his trade value.

I'd still say there's a reasonable chance Garcia will wind up with the Sox next year regardless of what happens the rest of this season.

One starter will be traded. If KW finds someone's willing to overpay for one of the other pitchers...we might wind up keeping Freddy. I just hope KW gets something really valuable for one of the starters.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
I'd still say there's a reasonable chance Garcia will wind up with the Sox next year regardless of what happens the rest of this season.

One starter will be traded. If KW finds someone's willing to overpay for one of the other pitchers...we might wind up keeping Freddy. I just hope KW gets something really valuable for one of the starters.

I think Vazquez is first out the door if they can find a buyer for him.

Then Garcia...Buehrle...Contreras...Garland. Just a guess.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
If there is no great deal in the offseason why not open the rotation to all 6 guys for next season with the loser actually BEING USED as a long reliever????

Not the best sceanario but I just think it is great insurance should an injury occur.

The biggest reason? $$$$$$$. That's a $50 million rotation next year, with 2 guys having contracts up at the end of the year, one of which I still think we need to extend (56).

The 2nd biggest reason? Haeger, Broadway, and Tracey. They're not all 100% big-league ready yet, might be by the start of next season...but we have a couple of backup-starter/long reliever candidates already in case an injury does happen.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
I think Vazquez is first out the door if they can find a buyer for him.

Then Garcia...Buehrle...Contreras...Garland. Just a guess.

Could not disagree more, KW loves Vazquez he's wanted him forever, Ozzie also gets along well with him and he's been the 3rd best pitcher on the Sox' staff this year. He'll most definately be in the rotation next year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Thats actually a good point. As of right now, there is no reason that everyone but Garland should be open for discussion, maybe even Garland if someone wanted to sell of the farm(Doubtful I know)

Get the best package you can find, and see what ya got.

It is a good point, I just hope someone is willing to overpay for Freddy. I would love to head into next season with Garland, MB, Count, Javy and BMac as the rotation.