Jeter walks - streak continues?

knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
The rule itself seems shady.

Why should it matter? Unless they were intentional walks, he had pitches to swing at.

Why should a guy lose an individual streak by helping his team by reaching base in every one of his at bats without making an out? Should he be penalized for trying to help his team?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
Why?? His streak continues because he didn't get an official plate appearance. MLB doesn't want someone to lose a hit streak because they didn't get a chance to extend it.

To be technical, he didn't have an official at bat. He had 4 plate appearances.

Qwerty and I were talking about this last night. I didn't think the streak should continue, because he played a game, and didn't get a hit...but the rule is what it is, and I understand it. With no ABs, it doesn't count against you.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
To be technical, he didn't have an official at bat. He had 4 plate appearances.

Qwerty and I were talking about this last night. I didn't think the streak should continue, because he played a game, and didn't get a hit...but the rule is what it is, and I understand it. With no ABs, it doesn't count against you.

I agree with this..

The streak should be over, he played in the game and didnt get a hit.. Hitting streak means hits in consecutive games played, which now he hasnt done

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
The rulebook states that if you have no offical AB's and no sac fly, the streak stays. If you have a sac fly, and no offical AB's, the streak is over. I don't see the fuss over this. Honestly, what would you say if it was a White Sox player in this position??

Apparently, you can't read either. I said I understand it, and I have no problem with it at all.

I simply stated I think the streak should end. He played a game, and it is a 22-GAME hitting streak.

If it is a Sox player that did it, I would say the same exact thing. I really don't care either way though.