Twins vs. A's - 9/13/06

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
Not surprising

Twins are stupid for even trying to pitch him again. It's not worth ruining him forever, which I'm guessing after today he is done for the season.

Hopefully he didn't tear anything.

Yea this was a dumb move.

As much as I hate to say it, this team is probably a playoff team without Liriano.

But Liriano was a dumbass too. Pitching with pain and trying to be the hero is a huge no-no. He got lucky, he really could have sustained a huge injury.

ESPN is talking about Tommy John surgery already.

"Obviously he won't be pitching again," manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Something is in there bothering and continuing to stop him. ... Obviously when he gets in game and puts a little extra torque in there, something is not right. We have to make sure we stop it and do what we have to do."

"The last two pitches I threw, I felt a pop and it really hurts," Liriano said.

He had an MRI exam after the game, and thoughts immediately turned to Tommy John surgery, a ligament-replacement procedure that typically keeps pitchers out for more than a year.

Minneosta had anxiously awaited Francisco Liriano's return to the rotation after a month on the DL. But the excitement didn't last long as Liriano left his first game back with elbow pain. What does Liriano's absence mean for the postseason hopes of the Twins, who entered Wednesday's game 1½ games behind the Tigers in the AL Central and 2½ games up on the White Sox in the wild-card race? Just look at Liriano's numbers at the time he hit the DL in August.

Liriano said he has was waiting to hear from team doctors about the next move.

"I don't even want to think about that," Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson said when asked about Tommy John surgery.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
As much as I would like to say the politically correct thing, it's sad a great talent, blah blah blah. I really don't care. When I saw that on ESPN, I said YEAH! I hope he returns next season and wins 30, for a NL team.

Yup. I might be an asshole because of that but oh well, that's exactly how I felt.