Netherland Dwarf Bunnies

knightni

Re: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...iew=getlastpost

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/featured_p...anut/Peanut.htm

cuddles.jpg

"My Rabbit just had babies they are a mix between a Fuzzy Lop (their Mother) and Netherland Dwarf (their Father). They were born on Janurary 30th 2005 at 9:25 pm.Their names are Peanut, Malia and Nahnee(from left to right). They are almost 7 Weeks old and weigh from 7grams- 10grams. They all have very unique personalities that grow more and more each day. Malia (female) is my baby shes always giving me kisses and loves to purr in my lap. Peanut (male) is the pretty boy and also gives me kisses and loves sleeping on his back all the time kind of like a cat. Nahnee (female) is the center of attention, shes always binking around in their play pen and running from you. Its been a wonderful experience having baby bunnies, and I love all of them very much!"
Edited by knightni

They might be cute, but not very smart. The open field behind me was purchased this spring and is currently being developed. I've never seen so many rabbits in my yard.

The momma has built a nest in my burn pile - The babies went running for cover when I weed wacked one time. I let them grow and tore apart the pile of brush before I burned it. Two weeks and some more brush later - another nest.

The other nest was hidden by a little bit of dead grass in the middle of the yard. I was mosing on the tractor one day and I saw some babies running. I look over and about 3 or 4 passes ago I ran right over a nest. Thankfully I only got one. I saw four others.

There's a wooded area to the east. Why doesn't she put her nest there? :chair

Should I have waited for a White Sox loss to post this? :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:23 AM)
Greenpeace holding on line two re:the lawn murdering.

I cut down an apple tree last year too. :bringit

My wife used to work at the Animal Diagnostic Lab at Purdue Laf - She used to get mailers from PETA...AT WORK! The same place she's doing testing on lab mice and knocking 'em out with liquid nitrogen. :lol:

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
I cut down an apple tree last year too. :bringit

My wife used to work at the Animal Diagnostic Lab at Purdue Laf - She used to get mailers from PETA...AT WORK! The same place she's doing testing on lab mice and knocking 'em out with liquid nitrogen. :lol:

Great now the Audubon Society and Sierra Club want you too :bang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
Great now the ACLU is protesting on your lawn :bang

They're going to sink in all the mud then. This is perfect. Maybe if they get stuck I'll turn them into Christmas decorations this winter! Oh, the humanity!