#1 pick Anderson signed

southsider2k5

One thing the White Sox are good at is gauging the signability of draft choice, particularly in the middle rounds.  That's how they got Daniel Haigwood and Brian Miller, both slid in the draft for signability/commitment to school issues, and the Sox got deals done with both ... and both are highly regarded, based on their performance in pro ball to date.

Hopefully that's the case with Sweeney.

ahhh but the sox didn't sign some major players who were drafted in the 2-5 rounders in the past. i hope that will change now.

i wonder where they will start him off. i have a feeling that he will struggle in the begining because he isnt used to playing with a wood bet in a game situation, and there arent to many pitchers who are the same as some minors in college ball. i wish the best for him but i hope he can stay strong.

i wonder where they will start him off. i have a feeling that he will struggle in the begining because he isnt used to playing with a wood bet in a game situation, and there arent to many pitchers who are the same as some minors in college ball. i wish the best for him but i hope he can stay strong.

He is reporting to Great Falls (Advanced Rookie) on Friday.

This can be said for just about ever hitter drafted every year. Apparently, Anderson didn't have a problem with the wood bat during the BP session he had at Dodger Stadium. He jacked 6 long ones.

This can be said for just about ever hitter drafted every year.  Apparently, Anderson didn't have a problem with the wood bat during the BP session he had at Dodger Stadium.  He jacked 6 long ones.

And plus with the changes of rules in college baseball the difference between the bats is less pronounced.