What Are Your Top 10 Classic Rock Songs?

The Critic

I'm gonna be just a little different and go with 10 great classic rock songs that you don't hear much if at all on the radio.

Gypsy "Tomorrow Is The Last To Be Heard"

Eric Burdon & The Animals "Sky Pilot"

Sir Douglas Quintet "Catch Your Man On The Rise"

Pacific, Gas and Electric "Are You Ready"

The Wackers, "I Hardly Knew Her Name"

Flamin' Groovies, "Second Cousin"

Blue Oyster Cult, "Last Days of May"

Fleetwood Mac, "Rattlesnake Shake"

Paul Butterfield Blues Band, "East-West"

Deep Purple, "Highway Star"

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
Here's where I diverged from everyone on the approach to this the last time.

My list of the Top 10 Classic Rock Sounds would not be the same as my list of my favorite 10 songe from that era. For me, cracking the charts at least would be the minimum requirement to make the classic rock top 10.

Songs like FZ's Uncle Remus, and Genesis' Battle of Epping Forest would probably make the cut in my favorites from that era, but I wouldn't put them in the top 10 classics because they didn't chart.

Of course there are no rules here, and I just tend to suck the fun out of everything, so nevermind. Carry on.

Love most of the songs in that list, btw.

FWIW, I did try to only place songs that charted (or at least that were popular) in my original list, although I did have to like the songs as well (therefore no Peter Frampton).

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
FWIW, I did try to only place songs that charted (or at least that were popular) in my original list, although I did have to like the songs as well (therefore no Peter Frampton).

Yep, and I was trying to follow in that mold.

And Frampton will not be found on my list either.

I need a Stones tune, so I think Shattered would make the cut. Onne of their songs that charted that I still get a kick out of when I hear it.

All this chitterchatter chitterchatter chitterchatter 'bout shmatta shmatta shmatta. . . I can't give it away on 7th avenue. This towns been wearing tatters. . .

Need a Who tune in there as well, and that's a tough call if we need a chart-topper. I'll give the nod to Who Are You I think. Not my absolute favorite, but a great composition by Pete, top-notch Roger vocals and Entwhistle spider basslines, and certainly Keith went out on a high note with that one.

And my installment list continues. . .

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
If I was on a deserted island, and could only have one band, I'd take the Who

Uhhhh, THAT's a different topic, SIR......

....but since you brought it up, I'd take the Wildhearts.

They have a nice mix of metal, punk and pop elements, and since I have 15 discs of theirs I'd have a nice selection to choose from.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 07:22 AM)
Uhhhh, THAT's a different topic, SIR......

....but since you brought it up, I'd take the Wildhearts.

They have a nice mix of metal, punk and pop elements, and since I have 15 discs of theirs I'd have a nice selection to choose from.

I'd take Pearl Jam, and it would take me years to switch Live on Two Legs out of the cd player.