I have a confession to make

mreye

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a bit of a cliche' but I'm going to have to bring in an impartial observer. A man's man.

God this stuff isn't getting to me - the shootings, the knifings, the beatings. Old ladies being bashed in the head for their social security checks. Nah that doesn't bother me. But you know what does bother me? You know what makes me really sick to my stomach? It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs! Nobody - I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!

Clint Eastwood

Sudden Impact

Man Rule: Nobody Trumps Dirty Harry.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
I know it's a bit of a cliche' but I'm going to have to bring in an impartial observer. A man's man.

Man Rule: Nobody Trumps Dirty Harry.

Good to see Harry had his priorities in order.... :P

and I also vote "NAY" to the Chicago-style "throw all kinds of crap on it" hotdog.

Cucumbers on a hot dog = NOT cool.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
Good to see Harry had his priorities in order.... :P

and I also vote "NAY" to the Chicago-style "throw all kinds of crap on it" hotdog.

Cucumbers on a hot dog = NOT cool.

nothing beats the neon green relish and celery salt. Why dont you ketchup lovers go eat some pork hotdogs, beef dogs dont take well to ketchup.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
nothing beats the neon green relish and celery salt. Why dont you ketchup lovers go eat some pork hotdogs, beef dogs dont take well to ketchup.

But see, that's my point. Ketchup does taste good on all beef hot dogs. It tastes good on beef hamburgers. It tastes good in a house. It tastes good with a mouse. It tastes good here or there. It tastes good everywhere.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)

I actually prefer Oscar Meyer hotdogs over beef hotdogs. With ketchup. ;)

I'm I the only weirdo that also puts ketchup and mustard on a brat?

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
I actually prefer Oscar Meyer hotdogs over beef hotdogs. With ketchup. ;)

I'm I the only weirdo that also puts ketchup and mustard on a brat?

I put ketchup and mustard on a brat as well. But, I put it on a tortilla instead of a bun.

Great...now you've gone and insulted all of our ancestors who lived during the Great Ketchup Shortage of '29. You know, people jumped out of buildings because of the lack of ketchup. So instead, they just put everything else they had in the kitchen on there.

Those lost souls are all rolling over in their graves...I hope you and your ketchup/hot dog eating kind are happy. Heathens.

From Wikipedia:

A Chicago-style hot dog – as served in the U.S. city of Chicago, Illinois and its surrounding suburbs. – is a steamed or boiled all-beef, natural-casing hot dog on a poppy seed bun, topped with mustard, onion, sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, sport peppers and a dash of celery salt — but no ketchup.

The style, once known as a "Depression sandwich," is generally acknowledged as having originated at Fluky's, a well-known Maxwell Street stand, in 1929.

Chicago-style hot dogs are boiled or steamed to a temperature above 170 degrees Fahrenheit (76.672 degrees Celsius) before adding the toppings. They can also be grilled, though these are referred to as "chardogs" in Chicagoland.

Chicago-style hot dogs with all the toppings are sometimes called "dragged through the garden" because of the unique condiments. However, Chicagoans traditionally shun ketchup because of the belief that ketchup is redundant given the presence of sweet pickle relish.

The natural casing of the hot dogs give them their distinctive "snap." The most common dog weighs 1/8 lb. and is made with Vienna Beef.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
I put ketchup and mustard on a brat as well. But, I put it on a tortilla instead of a bun.

Mmmm...sausage wraps. But still, no ketchup. Ketchup is for eggs.

yuck.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
You can put it on the boooooarrrrd...YES!!! :notworthy

My wife makes this sandwich...she calls it the Special Sandwich...I think it's special because she only makes it when liquored...but it is the following.

Toast, peanut butter, fried egg, melted cheese.

Yes, it sounds gross, but it's EXCELLENT!

But I'd like you to notice...NO KETCHUP!!!

;)

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
My wife makes this sandwich...she calls it the Special Sandwich...I think it's special because she only makes it when liquored...but it is the following.

Toast, peanut butter, fried egg, melted cheese.

Yes, it sounds gross, but it's EXCELLENT!

But I'd like you to notice...NO KETCHUP!!!

;)

Well, of course not. Ketchup doesn't go on fried eggs. That's just silly. I was referring to the mayo part.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
I LOVE KETCHUP ON MY HOT DOGS!!!

Who the hell made of the "rule" that you can't have ketchup on your hot dogs? Ketchup is way more natural on a hot dog than pickles spears, tomatoes and celery salt. That's right, I said it. I HATE Chicago style hot dogs! Ketchup, mustard, onion, relish. That's all I want. Flame on.

:bringit

:headbang

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
:headbang

Bad enough that y'all have this affliction, but to be flaunting it almost like you were proud of it. . . :huh:

:lol:

(Hey, In looking through the smileys for the right one, I couldn't find the "Steff." Did that one get banned when I wasn't looking?) :)

Edited by FlaSoxxJim