I have a confession to make

mreye

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
My wife makes this sandwich...she calls it the Special Sandwich...I think it's special because she only makes it when liquored...but it is the following.

Toast, peanut butter, fried egg, melted cheese.

Yes, it sounds gross, but it's EXCELLENT!

But I'd like you to notice...NO KETCHUP!!!

;)

How about toast, peanut butter, and bacon? That is pretty good eats

As for my hot dogs...it depends. If we are looking at an Oscar Meyer 6 inch hot dog, it's ketchup. If we are talking a quarter pound, foot long hot dog that it is going to take some time to eat...let's just say I won't eat it without some kraut and mustard.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
Danish Hot Dog Sauce.

Clearly.

It's specifically created for the Hot Dog. What are you, savages?

We just recycle the same old thread topics around here once a year or so, don't we? :bang

My, look at the time. There should be a disturbing Grimace thread popping up any day now. :)

Ketchup and mustard is fine for me if I'm gonna microwave a cheap hot dog and eat it on a slice of white bread at home, but I think it's a big waste to ruin a good hot dog at a good stand or at the ballpark with ketchup, especially a Chicago-style dog.

By the way, I miss Demon Dogs. :( 2.90 used to get me a great hot dog with mustard, relish, onions, and peppers, fries and a drink for lunch at DePaul. Probably wasn't so good for the waistline, but an affordable deal. Too bad it got closed.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
Best hot dogs ever.. Nathan's.

Even better than Hebrew National.

Nathan's are good, but I'll take Viennna, David Berg, Boar's Head with the natural casing, or Hebrew National over them.

And I don't like the red onion sauce they try to put on the Nathan's. Must be a new york thing.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
I rather get a plain hotdog than put either ketchup or mustard on it..... Ketchup is for like 5-10 age group.

This is my whole point. Why is it for the 5-10 age group? Why am I not allowed to enjoy ketchup because I'm over 30? Why can't the hot dog nazis let us ketchup lovers be?

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
This is my whole point. Why is it for the 5-10 age group? Why am I not allowed to enjoy ketchup because I'm over 30? Why can't the hot dog nazis let us ketchup lovers be?

I've always wondered this as well. What did ketchup do to deserve all this hate?

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
Mustard is Gods condiment.

Sure. Mustard is good. I love mustard. I have nothing against mustard. And if I did I wouldn't mock you for putting it on your hot dog. (Not saying anyone here has specifically mocked me. I'm just saying society in general, at least in this area of the country, think they know best and you are an adolescent for putting ketchup, a condiment found at 99.9% of hot dog joints, on your hotdog.)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:13 AM)
I've always wondered this as well. What did ketchup do to deserve all this hate?

My dad grew up near Bridgeport; mom in Hyde Park; never have they, or any of my family members, mentioned such a ketchup/hotdog-phobia.

Did Richard J. Daley create up such a rule? Because if he didn't, I refuse to follow it.

It's not my fault ketchup on hotdogs is delicious.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)

What's really funny is that when I was that age that's ALL I would eat on a hotdog. I hated both mustard and onions. I've grown to like mustard and onions are ok in moderation but I've never lost the taste for ketchup. I don't know why I would.

In fact, there are a number of things I remember hating as a kid but will eat now. I can't remember anything I used to eat and don't eat now...

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
(Not saying anyone here has specifically mocked me. . . )

An oversight.

Nyah nyah nyah!! Eye think ketchup goes on a hotdog, nyah nyah nyah!!

That is all. Continue in your misguided ways if you must. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)

Every time an adult puts ketchup on a hotdog, Chuck Norris punches a Mexican baby. :crying :crying

But, if you don't care, I can't help that.

:)