White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Once again, can't see it.

Man on 2nd and 3rd both tagging.

Fly ball to short RF. Dye settles under it. Then misreads it a bit, and take a small step back flat footing it, and then throws to home off his back foot. Run scores.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
This looks like it is going to be another interesting night in Oakland. This place always provides the Sox with some weird games.

It's unbelievable. It's like clockwork. If we made the playoffs, I sure as hell wouldn't want to play the As.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
He would have. I never said Anderson isn't a much better CF, and I think he should be starting, but this thing has been so beaten into the ground, it's gotten old. And Brian Anderson isn't a very good hitter.

i'll agree with you that anderson is a bit overrated here on soxtalk, but c'mon i'd rather have him in center and mack in left than what the sox are currently going with.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:15 AM)
Not me. Especially without home field.

Randy Johnson has owned us this year, and the Yankees lineup, if they get Sheffield back, might be the best I've ever seen. I'll take my chances of overcoming the A's curse. Last year, there were probably people afraid of playing the Angels in the ALCS due to the west coast factor.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Ugh. We are going to need some losses by the Twins and Tigers this weekend. We just need to survive these three games. Just gotta win 1 out at this stupid place.

Frankly, this entire team is playing like a collection of pussies and it's becoming disgusting to watch.

There's only 16 games remaining. You can't hold out for anything, or hope the teams your chasing lose. Tonight is a PERFECT opportunity to gain ground on Minnesota.

We need to win tonight. Garland pitching without a fresh tampon, Mackowiak/Dye's poor fielding isn't helping.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:18 AM)
Frankly, this entire team is playing like a collection of pussies and it's becoming disgusting to watch.

There's only 16 games remaining. You can't hold out for anything, or hope the teams your chasing lose. Tonight is a PERFECT opportunity to gain ground on Minnesota.

We need to win tonight. Garland pitching without a fresh tampon, Mackowiak/Dye's poor fielding isn't helping.

How many times are we going to see these guys show no hustle? We lost on Tuesday night solely due to our lack of hustle. Yet, I haven't seen one article in the paper about this issue.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Ozzie, Oakland is a pitchers park with lots of territory. This is a park you must have your best defense out in the field. If you really want to put Mack in, I suggest the prancing stiff out in LF that provides nothing.

It's never going to happen, if it ever would it would have been tonight. 330-367-388-400-388-367-330, those are some insane dimensions it doesn't make much sense to have a bad fielding CF with no range out there and yet here we are.