White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
Yeah, and I don't mean to accuse KW of messing up this team. Personally, I think he improved the team during the offseason. However, some of our luck from last year is gone, and a bigger KW mistake was not improving our LF play at the deadline and his lack of a 4th outfielder who could play LF and CF.

Fathom, this is not meant to be an argument, just a thought. To me, the main reason we are in this situation right now is not because of the inconsistent play of our LF or CF. The main reason is our the disappointment of our STARTING PITCHERS. If all of them pitch like they did last year, we would be leading the division too far in the first half for the Tigers or the Twins to catch up with us. With 16 games left, we are really pressing in trying to catch up with them, and in turn, I believe, that truly messes up our hitting. Let's hope our hitting will turn around QUICKLY.

AJP's batting about .250 since the ASB.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:05 AM)
Fathom, this is not meant to be an argument, just a thought. To me, the main reason we are in this situation right now is not because of the inconsistent play of our LF or CF. The main reason is our the disappointment of our STARTING PITCHERS. If all of them pitch like they did last year, we would be leading the division too far in the first half for the Tigers or the Twins to catch up with us. With 16 games left, we are really pressing in trying to catch up with them, and in turn, I believe, that truly messes up our hitting. Let's hope our hitting will turn around QUICKLY.

I agree that our starting pitching has underachieved, but that was almost impossible to upgrade at the deadline. As I said numerous times around the time, the best way to improve our pitching was to improve our offense by hopefully giving our pitchers some breathing room.

I will say right now that once we have a competent LF next year, people are going to be amazed looking back at just how awful Pods is this season.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)

Yeah and it has nothing to do with the fact that since the allstar break our offense has been basically in hibernation. if our offense showed at least some play we would be leading this division.

13th ranked in Runs. The 14 million dollar Marlins who play in a very large monsterous pitchers park have scored more runs that our juggernaut of a team.

Its real simple. Pitch this team low and away and it wets the bed. Its been that way for the last 6 years. Its why we suck in the 2nd half.

Our offense last year that was horrible in the 2nd half, we are on just about that pace for runs scored.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
not really. the whole team was killing during the NL stretch. now when we need a big hitter Frank is on fire and Thome is cold.

kinda sucks we ran the best hitter in Sox history out of town. just my opinion though (obviously)

Please remember Frank was NO WHERE in the first half. If you took Thome out and replaced him with Frank in the first half, forget about it. Even with Frank's current hot bat, it will not be enough for us to catch up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Crede has nothing behind his swings. That back injury is definitely effecting his swing.

Thats not a back injury there. Its the same swing that Konerko has, that Uribe has, that Anderson or any of our right handed hitters have on the low and away pitch. So either is a f***ing coincidence or our hitting coach came up with a neat way to cheat on pitches and it has been exploited.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Please remember Frank was NO WHERE in the first half. If you took Thome out and replaced him with Frank in the first half, forget about it. Even with Frank's current hot bat, it will not be enough for us to catch up.

meh, i disagree. but thats message boards are for.

Our bullpen is absolutely pathetic right now. I think we have like 5 players on this team who aren't underachieving right now.

I used to say that I would have hated if we traded for someone like S. Torres. Now, S. Torres would look like Dennis Eckersley if he was on the Sox.

Just when you thought you had seen everything in the playbook of the magic 8 ball. Then you see this.

3-2 in the 8th inning and we dont have anyone to pitch to Frank but a contact pitcher who has been strugglign with giving up the dong.

Nice job Ozzie. You can quit anyday now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:13 AM)

If this team struggles next week, the fans are going to become very vocal and boo a lot. I can't wait to see Ozzie's reaction if that happens.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:13 AM)
i think cotts had a career year last seaon. his stuff isn't that great

His ERA is still solid enough where I think he could be a very valuable trade chip.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Just when you thought you had seen everything in the playbook of the magic 8 ball. Then you see this.

3-2 in the 8th inning and we dont have anyone to pitch to Frank but a contact pitcher who has been strugglign with giving up the dong.

HOW THE HELL IS THIS OZZIES FAULT??? WHO DO YOU WANT HIM TO BRING IN HERE!!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
If we lose this game 3-2, I'm going to be really pissed at Ozzie for putting Mackowiak in CF and costing this team 2 runs.

Sox have one of the worst defensive outfields in baseball. Mackowiack is out of position in CF, Dye is over-rated in RF because he is too slow out there, and Podsednik flat out sucks.

Tonight, you can make a case that both Dye and Mackowiak cost the Sox those two runs.