White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
We need to find a way to get Gload in every game. He's one of the few guys hustling out there. Also, he's probably a better bet to contribute a hit at the plate than Thome is now.

You could put a one legged blind nun and she would give us more production than Prancer out in LF. Gload, Mack insert batboy here is much better than the future Ex whitesox player.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Man, Garland might not even make it through 6 today. Not a very good start at all, even though the defense hasn't been very good behind him.

Yep, he's already up to 79 pitches through 4, if he doesn't come out and shutdown the A's order in the bottom half of this inning, he'll be lucky to see the 7th.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
How about we f***ing play like our backs are against the wall here and score some f***ing runs.

LETS GO

That would require that we panic. You know what will piss me off? If the Sox don't make the playoffs, but we get strong starting pitching the rest of the season. I don't want to hear one freaking comment from Ozzie about how we just seemed to run out of time just as our team hit their stride.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:22 AM)
I just turned on the radio last inning and saw that we only have 1 hit. It's sad to say I'm not suprised.

I would love to know how many hits we've averaged during the first 5 innings of a game over the last month.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
I would love to know how many hits we've averaged during the first 5 innings of a game over the last month.

Between 2 and 4 would be my guess.

All they are getting fed these days is breaking pitches, because for whatever reason they cant hit them anymore.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:25 AM)
It's kind of what I expected at the beginning of the season. Some great nights, some bad nights, but very dependent on the HR. They were incredibly hot in the 1st half which got people's expectations up.

And KW/Ozzie should have known better than to expect every guy to play so well.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:26 AM)
This is just disgraceful. It really doesn't even look like they're trying anymore, they very well could be but it doesn't show one bit.

At least we only have 3 more weekends left of baseball. If this team isn't going to make the playoffs, then the season might as well end ASAP. Then, let the ridiculous XBOX trade rumors begin.