White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
At least we only have 3 more weekends left of baseball. If this team isn't going to make the playoffs, then the season might as well end ASAP. Then, let the ridiculous XBOX trade rumors begin.

I'm looking forward to the Bears game this Sunday, I have the up most confidence in that team they actually play with swagger and for the most part put their best players in the game as much as possible unlike some teams in this city.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm looking forward to the Bears game this Sunday, I have the up most confidence in that team they actually play with swagger and for the most part put their best players in the game as much as possible unlike some teams in this city.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:28 AM)
Except for the last start, where he crapped his pants, Esteban has been on a roll for like 9 games. Isn't it possible that he is just pitching well... and the white sox aren't terrible pieces of crap?

There's less than 3 weeks left and you're down a few games in the standings. I don't care if you're facing Cy Young, you better show some intensity and concentration at the plate. I couldn't have been more impressed with the Twins approach at the plate last night. Every single guy was a tough out.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
Except for the last start, where he crapped his pants, Esteban has been on a roll for like 9 games. Isn't it possible that he is just pitching well... and the white sox aren't terrible pieces of crap?

1 hit through five innings against Loaiza?

I'm not giving him that much credit. First two innings reeked of an offense completely unprepared. Since then, it's just been the typical, post ASB White Sox offense who can be dominated by any pitcher regardless of previous success.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)

I guess Runnynose Hernadez was on a roll, so was Julian Tavarez, the AAA Royals stiff that pitched and got hurt in his next start, the boston lefty with 2 last names that had a 6 ERA going into our game. Pretty much anyone that would lob soft crap up there and go low and away.

Our hitters cannot adjust to a pattern that has been going on since the ASB.

Again we get 1-2 against a hitter, and then nibbles decides to f*** around and then get the count full. Then he has to groove one in.

Pound in, and throw strikes. This team will not beat you if you make them swing the bats early. If you let them get into hitting counts they will raise your pitch count and beat you oppo.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Twins and Santana losing to the Indians and Carmona is like finding a $100 bill walking down the street.

Sox losing with Garland on the mound on the same night is like giving that $100 bill to a hobo so he can buy some liquor.

Actually the 2nd part is more like giving the hobo the $100 to piss all over you.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Twins and Santana losing to the Indians and Carmona is like finding a $100 bill walking down the street.

Sox losing with Garland on the mound on the same night is like giving that $100 bill to a hobo so he can buy some liquor.

I've never seen a walking $100 bill.

:huh