White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
I'm not ready to argue who's better this year, Frank or Thome. The one thing I'll say is that Thomas is swinging the bat significantly better than Thome down the stretch.

i thought getting Thome and sending Frank out was a great move

i was wrong

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
I think Thome's bad wrist changed that whole AB. He has no bat speed anymore, and he can't pull that inside pitch with any authority.

You know what guys? Please let me know where I can find the magic that we had in 2005? It just seems that the magic we had last year is gradually fading away!

Come on White Sox! Bring back the magic.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:51 AM)
If it's close, then it's a win for Thomas. Keeping him would cost less, require to lose less talent, etc.

Someone asked me this question the other day, and I wasn't sure what the answer would be: would the Sox have been better this year if they would have basically kept last year's team in tact?

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:52 AM)
You know what guys? Please let me know where I can find the magic that we had in 2005? It just seems that the magic we had last year is gradually fading away!

Come on White Sox! Bring back the magic.

I hate this cliche, but we just don't have the fire that they had for a long stretch last season. I'm simply stunned by the lack of intensity this team has coming down the stretch.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)

i was wrong

Well remember the formula that everyone forgets.

If Thomas is here, he isnt playing for 500k, and Konerko is an Angel.

Thome+Konerko is better than Thomas.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:52 AM)
Someone asked me this question the other day, and I wasn't sure what the answer would be: would the Sox have been better this year if they would have basically kept last year's team in tact?

good question. with Dye and Crede's offensive seasons and with Franks emergence, i think it would be mighty close or even better. then you have to take into account you have Pollite and Hermy still in your pen, and they are done. So who knows... i just know if we lose tonite were in BIG BIG trouble.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)

i was wrong

No, you are not wrong. If we had Frank in the first half instead of Thome, we will NEVER in this race. We would be too far off to contend. Remember Thome was a MONSTER in the first half. He really carried our team before the AS break. Having Thome's left bat balances our lineup; unfortunately, it has not helped our team tonight!