White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
is there anyone left in soxdom who wouldnt deal bmac and others to get crawford now?

me for one. McCarthy isn't bullpen pitcher. I wouldn't trade a starting pitching talent like his. Given, Crawford one hell of a player, but good young starting pitching is a rare commidity.

Edited by mr_genius

Hopefully if there is a god they will fire Greg Walker, send him to the long list of pull monkey hitting instructors that we have canned, and get someone from a high OBP, line drive swinging, protect the plate organizations. This pull and lift s*** doesnt work. Great 200 homers again, yeah. 10 runs one game, barely scraping out 1 hit through 5 in the next game.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:28 AM)
Well, its safe to say that even if we do make the playoffs, the Yankees would obliterate us. 2007 is going to need some creative Kenny Williams solutions.

If he starts by getting rid of Ozzie, Cora, Pods, and Garcia, he'll be on the right path. Nothing could make me happier than seeing Garcia raise his trade value the rest of the way.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
me for one. McCarthy isn't bullpen pitcher. I wouldn't trade a starting pitching talent like his. Given, Crawford one hell of a player, but young starting pitching is a rare commidity.

so do you want dave roberts in lf then? young SPing is no rarer than a 20 homer 60 steal 300 hitting leadoff man.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
so do you want dave roberts in lf then? young SPing is no rarer than a 20 homer 60 steal 300 hitting leadoff man.

Then what the hell would the rotation look like next year? If you trade McCarthy suddenly '07's rotation begins to look a lot like the Cubs'. Minus a dominant starter like Zambrano.