White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
It's the 8th inning, and we have Anderson, Uribe, and Pods bat. Talk about some tough outs.

Thank god Gload and Cintron get a good view from the bench.

We keep a .230ish hitting SS in the game who can barely I mean barely hit the ball because he swings for the fence no matter what is happening.

Then we keep a lefty hitting LF that can barely hit.

Gload is on the bench with Cintron trying to figure out why Ozzie hates them.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
What does your rotation look like?

I would not trade Freddy if we got Carl Crawford and a SS upgrade (presuming we traded Bmac). I hate Freddy as much as anyone here, but he has shown moderate improvement recently and I really think that between Broadway etc. there are decent 5th starter options if Freddy spontaneously combusts. We have no chance at all without speed next year, we still have a chance with Freddy as the 5th starter (I think)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:33 AM)
I dont want it to be over. I want to f***ing win.

Well, of course. But this team has not shown during the 2nd half of the year that we can realistically expect them to play well this last few weeks. We have way too many easy outs at the plate, a pathetic manager, and 1.5 relievers we can actually trust.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
so do you want dave roberts in lf then? young SPing is no rarer than a 20 homer 60 steal 300 hitting leadoff man.

not really. McCarthy hasn't had a chance in the rotation yet so we don't really know what he can do full time. if the guy can step up and have a mid 3 era and close to 20 wins i'll take that over 20 hr 60 steals guy.

all speculation of course.

remember too that pitching is VERY expensive. we can keep McCarthy for a bit with arbitration for a decent price.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:34 AM)
If Kenny really wants to fix this team.

He needs to fire Ozzie, Cora, Walker.

He needs to ditch Prancer, Uribe, Freddy.

Next year is a contract year for Garcia....so I guarantee he'll find his 94 mph fastball again.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
not really. McCarthy hasn't had a chance in the rotation yet so we don't really know what he can do full time. if the guy can step up and have a mid 3 era and close to 20 wins i'll take that over 20 hr 60 steals guy.

all speculation of course.

remember too that pitching is VERY expensive. we can keep McCarthy for a bit with arbitration for a decent price.

you are right, i just want to know how you think we can upgrade speed.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
Thank god Gload and Cintron get a good view from the bench.

We keep a .230ish hitting SS in the game who can barely I mean barely hit the ball because he swings for the fence no matter what is happening.

Then we keep a lefty hitting LF that can barely hit.

Gload is on the bench with Cintron trying to figure out why Ozzie hates them.

Gload is the best LH hitter on the team. Ozzie must have a "gut feeling" about keeping him on the bench while Pods continues to suck.

Next year is a contract year for Garcia....so I guarantee he'll find his 94 mph fastball again.

Pitchers can't just always will their velocity back. He isn't pitching in the 80's on purpose. Something has caused him to lose that velocity. I don't expect it to magically return.

Minny was down two to Oakland about a week ago (Wharris posted it), managed to come back.

Minny was down two tonight vs Cleveland, and managed to come back, despite losing later.

Does anybody have 1/10th the confidence in OUR team to comeback, despite the fact that we've scored what, 100 more runs this year?

This is f***ing unreal. Our pitching has done okay tonight.

Oh, wait Marco Scutaro with another hit. I forgot he was an all-star this year.