White Sox @ A's Game Thread

Heads22

If Ozzie is still in charge of this team next year he will literally ruin it for a while.

He will beg KW to pick up a puss hitter like Dave Roberts or Juan Pierre.

Cora will sill be sending runners to die at home with his waving silly arms.

Walker will still be turning every single hitter into a myopic pull hitter.

And we will look like world beaters in teh first half, and then our o will look like it got run over by a bus in the 2nd half.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
Gload is the best LH hitter on the team. Ozzie must have a "gut feeling" about keeping him on the bench while Pods continues to suck.

Gload & BA must have the same disease that doesnt allow them to play when needed

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:37 AM)
Pitchers can't just always will their velocity back. He isn't pitching in the 80's on purpose. Something has caused him to lose that velocity. I don't expect it to magically return.

It's probably nothing that a trip back to Mexico can't help.

If Ozzie is still in charge of this team next year he will literally ruin it for a while.

He will beg KW to pick up a puss hitter like Dave Roberts or Juan Pierre.

Cora will sill be sending runners to die at home with his waving silly arms.

Walker will still be turning every single hitter into a myopic pull hitter.

And we will look like world beaters in teh first half, and then our o will look like it got run over by a bus in the 2nd half.

You are right on each and every point. I can't believe many (most) Sox fans don't understand this.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
Pitchers can't just always will their velocity back. He isn't pitching in the 80's on purpose. Something has caused him to lose that velocity. I don't expect it to magically return.

I thought I remembered Hawk and DJ saying earlier this year that Freddy was losing velocity to concentrate on control and preserve his arm more. Next year is the last year of his deal, and probably the last chance he'll get to earn a decent contract. I wouldn't be suprised to see his velocity magically come back next year.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
Does anybody have 1/10th the confidence in OUR team to comeback, despite the fact that we've scored what, 100 more runs this year?

I wouldn't be surprised either way, this team's been a bigger tease than my girlfriend junior yr. of high school

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
Minny was down two to Oakland about a week ago (Wharris posted it), managed to come back.

Minny was down two tonight vs Cleveland, and managed to come back, despite losing later.

Does anybody have 1/10th the confidence in OUR team to comeback, despite the fact that we've scored what, 100 more runs this year?

This is f***ing unreal. Our pitching has done okay tonight.

Oh, wait Marco Scutaro with another hit. I forgot he was an all-star this year.

Keith, how does the twins handle a 2 strike situation with men on. And what kind of swings do you see with RISP and the sox hiters up with 2 strikes.

The twinks shorten it up, and punch it somewhere. Our guys are trying to send it out of the yard. That is why our team isnt doing it lately with the stick.

Appendage aware strikes again.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
sign Pierre in left

:ph34r:

i know thats now a popular idea, but i think the guy could have some good years here

Funny because he's been pretty horrible in the National League. Should be fun watching another puss armed s*** fielder out there in LF again next season.

And Brandon looked damn good tonight. Good for him.

I thought I remembered Hawk and DJ saying earlier this year that Freddy was losing velocity to concentrate on control and preserve his arm more. Next year is the last year of his deal, and probably the last chance he'll get to earn a decent contract. I wouldn't be suprised to see his velocity magically come back next year.

Please don't tell me that you're buying Hawk and DJ's line of BS. He hasn't just decided to pitch in the 80's all season. Maybe he would try that for a little while and get hammered, but after a while, he'd go back to his good fastball. But he hasn't seen that fastball all year. He hasn't chosen to be a soft tosser. This season, that is all he has had in his arsenal.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)

I should of used that excuse when my elbow and shoulder blew in my junior year of college. Oddly the minute I lost a bunch of MPH on my fastball without a reason, my coach made me get an MRI.

Sorry coach I am just throwing slow because I want to preserve my arm for senior year, The scouts love the lob league I am now throwing that is getting crushed. I missed the boat on that one.