As many as half a million dead so far in Sudan

southsider2k5

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way about the Sudan. As usual, nothing is being said about this because it is in Africa. I found this on MSNBC, not in the headlines, but under the section for newsweek articles. Of course when it should be trumpeded around the world to appeal for a stop to the violence, the headlines are all about Bush v Powell and Ney's guilt. Sad.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
I'm glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way about the Sudan. As usual, nothing is being said about this because it is in Africa. I found this on MSNBC, not in the headlines, but under the section for newsweek articles. Of course when it should be trumpeded around the world to appeal for a stop to the violence, the headlines are all about Bush v Powell and Ney's guilt. Sad.

At least George Clooney is doing his part.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
It looks like I'm in the minority, but so what? Unless the US is being directly threatened in this conflict, we should not be involved. Same goes for Iraq. We are not the World's Policeman.

Wow, just wow.

If I ever see you getting mugged on the street I hope you don't mind if I just stand and watch. Seeing as how I'm not a policeman.

It looks like I'm in the minority, but so what? Unless the US is being directly threatened in this conflict, we should not be involved. Same goes for Iraq. We are not the World's Policeman.

i agree

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
Wow, just wow.

If I ever see you getting mugged on the street I hope you don't mind if I just stand and watch. Seeing as how I'm not a policeman.

not a good analogy

but hey,

http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp sign up my friend and if you get lucky you might get sent to Africa!

Edited by mr_genius

How about the human race going to help other humans who are being slaughtered? When humans sit idly by and watch other defenseless humans being slaughtered, that is the beginning of the end. One thing that elevates humans past animals is empathy. Most humans have the ability to separate right from wrong. This is not a civil war, this is most analogous to cattle being slaughtered.