Who could be the next UN General Secretary

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Totally Serious but it would take two steps and would never happen

William Jefferson Clinton

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1511.htm

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=41038

I know this has been said before, and my reaction is that he would be really good, and really bad based on his Presidency. He would be an excellent diplomat and spokesperson for the UN. Even if you hate the guy, you have to give the man his due as an effective public speaker. He is an excellent communicator, and I think that is a big area where Annan has failed. One big area that would raise red flags is the propensity for scandal and problems to follow Clinton around. Right or wrong, his name got connected to a lot of really bad things, which is a real big problem in the UN right now. With as bad as the view of the US is in the world today, it would be 10 times worse if we sent up a SG to the UN that ended up being just as corrupt as everyone else. Another area of concern is that Clinton would have to be really proactive about pushing reform on the UN, which I am not convinced he would/could do at this time. It is almost better to leave it up to other countries vs it looking like it is coming from a US agenda anyways.

I think Billy could do the job fine. Seriously. He IS an eloquent speaker (when he isn't wagging his finger while lying in the face of the nation). However, I think that he may either

1) go anti-US on his first opportunity to 'prove' that he can be 'fair', or 2) decide something 'fairly' that happens to favor the US and have all hell break loose with the tinpot dictators crying foul.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Sep 15, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
DISASTER

Disagree. But then I guess all some rouge nation would have to do to get Secretary General Clinton to see things their way is send in some intern/bimbo to park herself under his desk. Hell of a lot cheaper than kickbacks on oil money, thats for sure.