And That's a White Sox Loser

fathom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
It will be a beautiful day in the city of Chicago when that useless scrub is finally dismissed. It should be fun watching Pods Blak™ blow ass in the leadoff spot in '07 and beyond.

Hopefully we can fire ozzie before we set our team back by employing another bad speed guy just because Ozzie thinks this is the 2003 Marlins.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 05:04 AM)
It will be a beautiful day in the city of Chicago when that useless scrub is finally dismissed. It should be fun watching Pods Blak™ blow ass in the leadoff spot in '07 and beyond.

At least Pierre will make contact, won't take a called 3rd strike, will hustle on defense, and can bunt. I don't want him to sign with the Sox....but I'll take anything over Pods.

Dear God I am in a terrible mood right now, f***ing Sox always do this to me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
At least Pierre will make contact, won't take a called 3rd strike, will hustle on defense, and can bunt. I don't want him to sign with the Sox....but I'll take anything over Pods.

I just really don't want the Sox to settle for mediocrity this offseason and I do believe Pierre is just that. Can't we just for once have a decent fielding, non-pussarmed, high OBP leftfielder/leadoffman? I don't think it's that much to ask. Or is it?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)

I just really don't want the Sox to settle for mediocrity this offseason and I do believe Pierre is just that. Can't we just for once have a decent fielding, non-pussarmed, high OBP leftfielder/leadoffman? I don't think it's that much to ask. Or is it?

I think so.

Someone talks about Pods should of been replaced and the robot known as PFB states that well some people start out slow, and you cant replace them based on that.

PFB Pods had one, count them one good month as a leadoff hitter. That was in May.

September Batting averages.

The ignitor

.244 BA with a .278OBP.

Uribe .150 Thank god he plays every single day and we never replace him.

AJ .250 keep pulling and lifting

Thome .244 Same here

Mackowiak .188/Anderson .214

Gload who cant pinch hit for Uribe or Prancer is hitting .455

Cintron is at .350.

Team ERA is 3.66 for the month of September.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
Hopefully we can fire ozzie before we set our team back by employing another bad speed guy just because Ozzie thinks this is the 2003 Marlins.

fire ozzie and hire who?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)

podsednik was definately a spark for this team last year. i think pierre could have a much better 07 than pods had in 05.

who are you thinking of signing?

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
fire ozzie and hire who?

"I've been horrible, actually. There's no point in lying or candy-coating anything. It's been bad." -- Rob Mackowiak on his CF defense

How about a manager who wouldnt put a player who is bad in CF in CF. Or someone who plays there starters more than 25%.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
How about a manager who wouldnt put a player who is bad in CF in CF. Or someone who plays there starters more than 25%.

name someone

sorry, but i'm not ready to throw the manager who won us our first world series in like 100 years under the bus

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
name someone

sorry, but i'm not ready to throw the manager who won us our first world series in like 100 years under the bus

Do you think he has done a good job as a tactician/motivator, and manager of the pitching this year.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
name someone

agreed. the team needs to start hitting. A decent outing by garland.

i'v had a couple afterr this bad loss so sorryabout any type-o's or idiot thoughts

can we take this "the fuse it lit" banner down? c'mon they got lucky and this team has played the same since then.

i don't think he's handled the bullpen well this year.

i didn't like how he mixed the lineups this year. i didn't like how he mixed the lineups in 05'.

i do like how he managed/told KW what players he wanted on the team in 05. we won the world series in 05. i would definately give him another shot in 07.

really, you want ozzie gone? if so, who do you think the sox should replace him with?

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
BTW, I didn't see the Mackowiak screw-up. Was it the usual, bad read type play?

It was a blooper out into shallow right center field, he got a bad jump followed by a lame ass diving attempt which was highlighted by his knees hitting the ground only a split second after his feet left the ground, ball his off his glove and rolled away. It didn't help that Dye attempted to throw a runner out at the plate flat footed on a sac fly shortly afterward. It was just a pathetic defensive showing by the team as a whole.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
i don't think he's handled the bullpen well this year.

i didn't like how he mixed the lineups this year. i didn't like how he mixed the lineups in 05'.

i do like how he managed/told KW what players he wanted on the team in 05. we won the world series in 05. i would definately give him another shot in 06.

really, you want ozzie gone? if so, who do you think the sox should replace him with?

Well lets start with the told KW the kind of players he wanted/traded for the team.

If you remember we had a budget set for that team and Carlos Lee and Paulie were both 8 million dollar players and one of them was going to go. Pretty much we had a salary dump and picked up a speedy leadoff guy.

I have a question for you, take the same pitching staff we had last year, and then add the offenses in 2003 and 2004. And do you think Manuel wouldnt of went to the playoffs or won something.

We won last year because of lock solid pitching.

Lou Pinella, or anyone that can fill out a lineup card that starts the starters 80% of the time, and can make normal pitching changes can do the job. Playing 25% of the starters, experimenting like we are still in Tuscon, and his inability to make changes have cost us more games than we are behind this year.