Sox vs. A's 9/16 | 3:05, FOX

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
The reason we are not going to the playoffs this year, will not be because out pitching s*** the bed. Even though that is the popular belief. It will be because our offense died at the ASB and stop hititng and scoring runs.

If our pitching hadn't wet the bed prior to August we'd be sitting where Detroit currently is.

Hell, if Mack hadn't played so often in CF I'm convinced we'd be tied with Detroit at the worst.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
The turning point of this game could easily be Sandy's 4th inning AB.

And wild pitch.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)
If our pitching hadn't wet the bed prior to August we'd be sitting where Detroit currently is.

Hell, if Mack hadn't played so often in CF I'm convinced we'd be tied with Detroit at the worst.

Check out when we started losing and playing sub 500 baseball. That was right around the Boston series when we stopped scoring runs. When crappy pitchers with 8 ERAs started mowing down this team. We had a 6 game Wild Card lead at the break, and a 9 game lead on Minny. The pitching might of f***ed us for the division, but our offense s*** the bed an completely ruined the wild card.

Well, Comcast saved me the agony of watching one hour of White Sox baseball.

According to the TV listings, the game began at 4pm.

Vazquez needs to continue pitching well. We need this win. Garland soiled himself yesterday -- as well as the ofense and defense -- can't have that again.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Check out when we started losing and playing sub 500 baseball. That was right around the Boston series when we stopped scoring runs. When crappy pitchers with 8 ERAs started mowing down this team. We had a 6 game Wild Card lead at the break, and a 9 game lead on Minny. The pitching might of f***ed us for the division, but our offense s*** the bed an completely ruined the wild card.

Our team ERA in July was 5.64.

ERA's in July:

Buehrle: 11.48

Vazquez: 6.82

Garcia: 5.52

3 hits into the 6th. Another Cy Young performance. It seems day in and day out we run into Cy Young. Cy Tavarez, Cy 2 last names in Boston. Its just not fair. I mean how do teams get hits against Zito, or score runs. I mean the 9+ era in his last 2 starts and the terrible home ERA must be just insane.

Holy s***, the blind squirrel and his .077 finds a nut. Our 4th hit. HOLY s***!!!!!