Sox vs. A's 9/16 | 3:05, FOX

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The book on Frank Thomas at this point in his career. You pound him in, and in, and in. He is an exceptional breaking ball hitter. He is an exceptional mistake hitter.

Yet for whatever reason we go against the grain and try and get him out with one of Javys breaking pitches.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
Lol even the announcers were like we have no clue how he hit that one out with that swing... some times you guys need to learn to give credit to the hitters. Especially future HoF's.

Vazquez hasn't seen an offspeed pitch he won't hang in the 6th inning.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Seriously, did you even look at the replays of Frank's swing there? He barely got that pitch, and he just muscled it out.

Yes, I saw it. He was fooled by the pitch call, but it was still a meatball enough of a pitch for him to get out with not much behind the swing. Am I the only one that saw a hanging curveball?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
Uribe should really be trying to take the walk here. He shouldnt' even be swinging, as many pitches as Zito has thrown and as wild as he's been.

And as soon as I click post...

Atleast our impatient hitters have given Zito an opportunity to win!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
Vazquez is at 98 pitches, but he's been up in the zone the past two innings. Ozzie will probably let him start the inning, but I hope MacDougal and Thornton are ready this inning.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to give this to the bullpen starting the inning.