Big Hurt's revenge

greg775

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
Congrats to the big man.

I know who I'm rooting for once the Sox are eliminated. They're the only likeable team in the AL. Can't root for Detroit, as I dislike most Detroit-anything fans. Minny? Hate 'em, they're players, some of their fans. New York? Hah -- the worst of 'em all.

I still tend to root for AL Central teams if the SOX arent in it, then AL teams in general. BUT YES, I will be pulling for Frank to get his 2nd World Series Ring. Theres your AL representative in the World Series,

the Oakland A's

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
The A's GM is laughing every day at what a steal he got in Big Hurt.

Dont Forget Joe Blanton too ........... Blanton was supposed to have been drafted by the SOX, but Beane apparently snookered a young Kenny Williams ........

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
You Rowand worshipers are funny.

The guy hit .245 in August, and he hit .235 in September and hit for nothing in the playoffs. Yet in your mind, because you saw him throw himself on the ground to catch a ball, that Brian glides in to catch without breaking a sweat, you think that the season is lost becaused of his missing presence. Good lord what next, a candle memento for Timo Perez and El Duque.

The 2nd half of this season our hitters became pull hitters for the most part and were exploited by low and away pitching. Rowand would of been one of many right handed victims on low and away stuff just like he was last year.

If AJ was the AJ of the first half when he forgot about power asperations, and just shot the ball all over and had a great average he would of been a much better fit than the AJ who hit .250 and had more power. If Thome was the same guy earlier in the year who hit the ball all over the field hard. If Konerko was a guy who picked up people who walked Thome, and made them pay. Then our offense would of been fine. But to blame it on someone is missing that was on the WS DVD and blame it on that is a joke.

Excellent post. :cheers