Denver Post reporter...

SoxFan1

Say, didn't you used to be Paul Konerko? Dude needs a week's worth of knocks to reach the Mendoza Line. ...

Um, I wouldnt be talking cuz the Rockies 3 guys under the Mendoza line and 2 guys lurking oh so close to it! They also have 8 pitchers with an ERA over 5! So, Jim Armstrong, SHUT THE HELL UP! Besides, PK's BA is .199, he only needs 1 hit to get over the Mendoza line!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PK sucks, that Armstrong guy is right. And as for the eight pitchers over 5, must I remind you they pitch half their games in Coors Field?

If you have an ERA over 5.00, you are having a horrible year regardless of where you play your home games.

No one seemed to think Buehrle sucked when his ERA was over 5.00...

OPEN YOUR f***ING EYES AND READ WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY, NOT WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY.

I said

If you have an ERA over 5.00, you are having a horrible year regardless of where you play your home games

"Having a horrible year". NO mention of ANYBODY "sucking".

Are you trying to be this annoying, or is you this stupid naturally?

And fine, no one talked about how horrible Buehrles season was when his ERA was over 5.00. Its the same freakin thing and you know it!

Since when does 1 poor season make a person "suck"? Does that mean Frank sucks? Afterall, his 1998, 1999, and 2002 seasons weren't exactly HOF years.

Having a horrible season and "sucking" are NOT the same thing, but if you don't see that, there's nothing I can say to make you.

I can't quite figure out Roman.

I think he's trying to defend his love of Frank, but I don't understand his hatred of Mark B.

I mean Roman, tell us what you think of Harris, Crede, Konerko, Rowand, Olivo, Jose V., Tom Gordon, Rick White, Koch, also.

My guess is you hate all of them cause they've pretty much all been as bad as Mark B.

Yeah, they all have stunk. But theres a difference! They seem happy here. Mark doesnt and he shows it...

And Olivo? Why the heck is Olivo there? Hes played darn good compared to my expectations...

I wouldn't say Gordon has stunk. His ERA is under 4.00. Not great, but he certainly doesn't belong in the same category as Konerko, White, or Glover IMO.

Yeah, they all have stunk. But theres a difference! They seem happy here. Mark doesnt and he shows it...

You know, for every time I've seen Mark say anything about his want to play in St. Louis, I think I've seen 5-10 articles where he says how much he thinks he is indebted to the Sox and really wants to stay here for a while.

But I don't get a subscription to the Mark Buehrle Sucks magazine, so...

You know, for every time I've seen Mark say anything about his want to play in St. Louis, I think I've seen 5-10 articles where he says how much he thinks he is indebted to the Sox and really wants to stay here for a while.

But I don't get a subscription to the Mark Buehrle Sucks magazine, so...

Agreed.

I'm under the impression that he someday wants to play for the Cardinals, but wants to stay with the White Sox for the time being and for more then he will be here now(meaning possibly double digit years, so if that holds true, and you still do hate Buehrle, you better be willing to suck it up and deal with about 6-10 more years of Mark Buehrle, if not more)

Dan Plesac wants to pitch for the White Sox....are you going to go scream tampering because of that? If I remember correctly, Mark Mulder is from around the Chicago area and was a White Sox fan as a kid, and it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to pitch for the White Sox someday. Is someday next year, or the next, or the next? Hell no.

I just hope that Mark pitches a really important game for us some time down the road, and he wins it, so I can rub it in your face. You will eat crow.

No I wont. I dont care how well he pitches. Mark Buehrle is a piece of crap. I cant wait til he leaves at the end of this year. Maybe well trade him. I just dont know what we could get for something so worthless. An old pair of tennis shoes perhaps?

And if Dan Plesac and Mark Mulder (whos a darn good pitcher) want to come here, fine by me. They want to come here, Buehrle wants to leave here...

No I wont. I dont care how well he pitches. Mark Buehrle is a piece of crap. I cant wait til he leaves at the end of this year. Maybe well trade him. I just dont know what we could get for something so worthless. An old pair of tennis shoes perhaps?

And if Dan Plesac and Mark Mulder (whos a darn good pitcher) want to come here, fine by me. They want to come here, Buehrle wants to leave here...

:bang

There's just no point in debating... Let him think he's right.

Mark Buehrle is a piece of crap.

Nope. I believe he is made of the same thing as you and me.

I cant wait til he leaves at the end of this year.

He won't leave. We won't trade him and we won't release him. Plain and simple

I just dont know what we could get for something so worthless.

I'm sure St. Louis would be willing to give us atleast JD Drew, and I have no doubt in my mind they'd consider trading Jim Edmonds for him. If we got lucky enough, we could probably get Edgar Renteria and a minor league prospect or two for him as well....and if we threw in Valentin(assuming we did this at the break) a package of Renteria-Drew for Buehrle-Valentin is not out of the question either.

And if....Mark Mulder (whos a darn good pitcher) want to come here, fine by me. They want to come here, Buehrle wants to leave here...

That's not the point....both would be doing it at the end of their career. Buehrle could go to St. Louis at the end of his career as a starter and Mulder could come to Chicago like David Wells went to New York or like Randy Johnson went to Arizona(though odds are, neither Buehrle nor Mulder would be even close to being as dominant as RJ is/was).

Get the picture?

Sorry Roman, but that's it.

You have no credibility anymore.

I can't take any more of your mark B posts.

He is not a piece of crap; he has not said he wants to play for St. Looie.

Why don't you pick on somebody like Jose V who is hitting .230 or Paulie or somebody.

Mark B is a f***ing good pitcher.

Case closed.

Sorry Roman, but that's it.

You have no credibility anymore.

I can't take any more of your mark B posts.

He is not a piece of crap; he has not said he wants to play for St. Looie.

Why don't you pick on somebody like Jose V who is hitting .230 or Paulie or somebody.

Mark B is a f***ing good pitcher.

Case closed.

3-10, 4.85 ERA, pretty low standards you got there Greg...

By the way...

Buehrle's numbers are better than Mulder's....

BUEHRLE = 610.0 IP, 3.73 ERA, 42-31, 344 K, 163 BB, 587 H, 1.229 WHIP, 2.110 K/BB

MULDER = 691.1 IP, 3.88 ERA, 58-29, 462 K, 201 BB, 684 H, 1.280 WHIP, 2.299 K/BB

But I can see how Mulder is a pretty darn good pitcher but Buehrle sucks.

Paging the Flat Earth Society....