Sunday GameThread at Oakland

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
It is getting to the point where I would rather see Gload as DH than watch Thome hitting like Frank Thomas during the 2000 playoffs.

Getting to the point? It's blatantly obvious. Thome simply doesn't hit the ball hard. Hell, make Thome the leadoff guy...at least he can draw a walk.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
i guess you dont quite see the intangibles in a player do you...

i remember AROW as about as clutch as needed...need a bunt...done...need a key walk...done...need a sac fly...done...need to get hit by pitch...done...need to hit the ball the other way...done...there is no doubt that he tired last year at the end....but i want that guy on my team no matter what!

as for your FT comment...i guess you are too young to remember the young FT that came to our team and was a stud from the beginning...he is like Jerry Rice to the SF niners & Walter Payton to the Bears...HE WILL ALWAYS BE THE HEART & SOUL OF THE WHITESOX...do you get it?

now maybe you could be more like Tony LaRussa and provide me with some of your neat little stats...?

I am 35 years old so you can ditch the "you are too young to remember jazz". The comment I made about heart and soul of the team was dealing with last years 2005 team, which was the context of your crazy talk. Not the 1993 Frank Thomas, or the 1997 Frank Thomas neither of which have anything to do with the Frank Thomas who played for the better part of a month and got hurt. How could he of been the heart and soul of the team when he went home after he got hurt and kind of showed up when they clinched.

Arow as clutch, LOL. So he hit .235 in september but it was a clutch .235. He hit great for the first 2 months of the year, and then he and Walk tweaked his mechanics to get more power on the ball. To center it up more. After that he was done in by a steady diet of sliders.

Edited by southsideirish71