Sunday GameThread at Oakland

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
Why does Contreras pitch Bradley better than anyone else in this lineup?

I swear, the only player he appears comfortable against. Not one forkball has hung, or fastball been thrown away from AJ's spot.

Because he doesn't drop down against lefties.

"After Frank's home run, he was still throwing the ball pretty good," Guillen said of Vazquez.

Then why the pitching change? Guillen, the guy who won a pennant managing with his gut, said he was going by the book, calling on Thornton so he would have the lefty-lefty edge against Nick Swisher and Dan Johnson, Oakland's No. 7 and 8 hitters.

Vazquez wasn't thrilled.

"I felt great, felt good, strong," Vazquez said. "I definitely felt like I could have gone [longer]."

Uribe has definitely played himself out of Chicago. I can't wait for us to be eliminated so Fields and Sweeney can get some playing time, and we can shut down our starting pitchers. That might be the only time I've used "shut down" and "starting pitchers" in the same sentence all season.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
and while we're speaking of worthless pieces of excrement, here comes Uribe

He must remind Ozzie of himself, because there is no reason that he continues to trot out there and play everyday with his horrible BA.

I get amused that Ozzies reasoning for playing Mack in center is for offense, and then Taz trots out there everyday to swing at whatever.

Lift and Pull, Chicks dig the long ball.

I feel like I am watching Carlos Lee and Jose Valentin coming up with the bases loaded. I thought that is why we got rid of those selfish players. And we replaced them with supposed grinders.

agreed. that's why i personally am not opposed to moving thome in the offseason. he epitomizes that theory

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
I read that Rogers article. Good to see someone giving Guillen heat.

and I respect Rogers for having the balls to write that article. Is the pressure going to make Ozzie throw up and lose sleep again this year? Maybe he will keep his promise a year later and leave the team after winning the World Series.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
Uribe has definitely played himself out of Chicago.

God I hope you are right.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
Because he doesn't drop down against lefties.

I know, but with Bradley he appeared more comfortable than facing Chavez or Swisher, for example.

Obviously, both of those players are better than Bradley; but this shouldn't be on the mind of a pitcher. He needs confidence to throw his pitches against anyone.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
I know, but with Bradley he appeared more comfortable than facing Chavez or Swisher, for example.

Obviously, both of those players are better than Bradley; but this shouldn't be on the mind of a pitcher. He needs confidence to throw his pitches against anyone.

Don Cooper either sucks, or he owes his reputation to steroids and greenies.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
agreed. that's why i personally am not opposed to moving thome in the offseason. he epitomizes that theory

Actually we have replaced personelle and we still have the same approach. We have the same hitting coach.

Thome and AJ were spray hitters. In fact Thome was very well known for hitting homers in left center. AJ was a spray hitter before he came here.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)

There's a good example on Swisher. The biggest problem is he cannot throw all his pitches to righties because it is impossible to throw a side-arm forkball.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
The Sox just look like a defeated team. It would be nice to see some fire.

Remember when Hawk and Ozzie's loyal followers used to say that Ozzie would NEVER allow this type of pathetic effort to take place? This season's over...and this is just the pathetic stretch of games before we're officially eliminated.