Think We Should Be done with BMac

joeynach

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
Here's my take.

Brandon McCarthy will be decent... like 4.20 ERA decent.

He will not be God.

He will not be dogturds.

He will be decent.

If BMAC steps in and produces a 4-4.20 ERA he is worth more than FG and others because of his price.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
I think BMac needs a chance to start for a few months next year before we know what he will be. I see him maybe pulling a Garland, sucking for a month or two, then figuring it out.

I don't think we can read a lot into his adventures in middle relief.

Agreed. Unless we can get wowed by a deal, BMAC has to stay, because cheap pitching is extremely valuable in today's MLB.

Although the more that it is mentioned, the more I would pull the trigger for Crawford.

I have a lot of questions about whether or not McCarthy is ready or not too. I also wonder about just what happened to Cotts. Sunday he gave up two more homers and didn't get a batter out. He has sucked big time this year.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
I have a lot of questions about whether or not McCarthy is ready or not too. I also wonder about just what happened to Cotts. Sunday he gave up two more homers and didn't get a batter out. He has sucked big time this year.

The Cliff Politte disease is very deadly and contagious.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)

I would say move him if we can get anything decent for him. His stuff isnt that impressive anyway, and now he isnt fooling anyone.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
I would say move him if we can get anything decent for him. His stuff isnt that impressive anyway, and now he isnt fooling anyone.

No matter how bad this year has been, I would be very surprised if we couldnt' get something useful for Cotts...a lefty reliever who is still cheap and has put up an ERA of 2 in a season? Man, I can think of 30 teams that could use that.

Now mentally he's extremely screwed up. We ruined a tremendously talented pitcher by sticking him in the bullpen to mop up.

If he's mentally screwed up, we certainly haven't heard anything like that from

BMac himself in the papers or the writers haven't even implied that.

I don't know why everybody thinks the Sox ruined him.

I really really hope BMac excels as a starter next year. If he sucks, however,

I hope everybody gets off this kick that he was ruined by Oz/KW.

At one point is the pitcher accountable?

I hope we trade Fred or Vas cause after a year of talking about BMac's misuse, etc.

I want to see him start a full season.

Bmac isnt going anywhere. If KW didnt trade him at the ASB for Soriano I can't see how he'll trade him during the offseason. I have no idea who was supposed to be included in that trade but it sure seems like we wasted a chance to get a great hitter for a few guys who weren't much use to the 2nd half effort. With Soriano in the lineup everyday who knows what could've happened. He would've been the best hitter on a team full of good hitters, we could've benched Pods. That in itself would have been worth it.

As for all the speculation on what Bmac will bring next year , its all conjecture. Your guess is as good as the next persons. He could suck , he could be lights out. He could end up back starting in the minors. It's a crapshoot. Theres just as many reasons for optimism as there are for pessimism.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)

If I had to guess, you are probably hitting on something without maybe realizing it. I remember last year when Neal turned the corner, Coop had made an adjustment in Neal that kept him focused on the catchers mitt longer. It would be my guess that as hittable as Neal has been, he is probably tipping his pitches somehow. I don't know how else he would go from being a high strikeout guy, to just getting murdered. I would be interested to see if someone figured out something on Neal... you know like a tell or something.