Paris Hilton's album peters out at 120,000

samclemens

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
when i heard the first single from Paris Hilton, I was in complete disbelief because I didn't think it sucked total balls.

however, anytime Paris makes a fool of herself, I'm all about it.

It's not even her voice, a heard a quick blurb on the radio that there was a big thing online about how someone found out that some girl in a underground/indie type band sold out and is singing on the CD for her (someone at the same recording studio saw it)

Paris meanwhile was quoted as saying that after she listened to it, it was so good that she cried

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
It's not even her voice, a heard a quick blurb on the radio that there was a big thing online about how someone found out that some girl in a underground/indie type band sold out and is singing on the CD for her (someone at the same recording studio saw it)

Source?

Come on people, you can't throw rumors out as fact without at least a couple of sources!

That's only because 15 year old boys and 45 year old losers can't sit in their parents basements and jerk it to a CD. If her marketing team was smart, they'd start a rumor that a 'private DVD' of Paris somehow slipped into a few copies of the CD. You'd see that disc suddenly go quadrupile platinum......and every one of you would own one. :P

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
most of the bands i listen to would kill for 120 k sold...

Well, all they have to do is become a slutty, lazy-eyed, ferret-bodied hotel heiress dipsh!t who will do literally anything to stay in the public eye.

The good news is, only 120,000 retards fell for this crap.

The bad news is, 120,000 retards fell for this crap.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
Well, all they have to do is become a slutty, lazy-eyed, ferret-bodied hotel heiress dipsh!t who will do literally anything to stay in the public eye.

The good news is, only 120,000 retards fell for this crap.

The bad news is, 120,000 retards fell for this crap.

LMAO :D

QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
Source?

Come on people, you can't throw rumors out as fact without at least a couple of sources!

They talked about this on Stern yesterday. The rumor is that its the lead singer of Shiny Toy Guns. Whoever that is. Stern was playing Paris' song and music from this band, and it was pretty similar. Where he heard the rumor, I don't know.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
They talked about this on Stern yesterday. The rumor is that its the lead singer of Shiny Toy Guns. Whoever that is. Stern was playing Paris' song and music from this band, and it was pretty similar. Where he heard the rumor, I don't know.

TMZ and Perez Hilton, iirc.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
when i heard the first single from Paris Hilton, I was in complete disbelief because I didn't think it sucked total balls.

however, anytime Paris makes a fool of herself, I'm all about it.

I actually agree with you, it was a totally generic pop song, but catchy enough.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)

Whatever Stern says is true? Come on, I do not think that much fraud would be committed in this case. She had alot of machines bostering her voice, she will never sing live, so thats why she was able to make an album.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Whatever Stern says is true? Come on, I do not think that much fraud would be committed in this case. She had alot of machines bostering her voice, she will never sing live, so thats why she was able to make an album.

Stern didn't say it, he repeated the rumor when a caller commented on it. As I stated above, the story started on TMZ and Perez Hilton.com

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)

Calm down. I just told where I heard it from. And that they compared the music and the singing was very similary. not saying its true. It sounds so bad, I think it is her.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
That's only because 15 year old boys and 45 year old losers can't sit in their parents basements and jerk it to a CD. If her marketing team was smart, they'd start a rumor that a 'private DVD' of Paris somehow slipped into a few copies of the CD. You'd see that disc suddenly go quadrupile platinum......and every one of you would own one. :P

If they called the album "A Night in Paris" too, imagine the DualDisc possibilities.