Game Thread: September 19th, 2006

AbeFroman

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
I want Freddy to do well...but not too well to the point that KW might think he's turned the corner for next year. Sad to say, but Garcia shows me more potential to pitch decent for next year than Buehrle does.

Agreed, he has shown flashes of his old form. Lately especially.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
I want Freddy to do well...but not too well to the point that KW might think he's turned the corner for next year. Sad to say, but Garcia shows me more potential to pitch decent for next year than Buehrle does.

Good point.

Maybe it comes down to who agrees to an extension first? :huh:

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
Good point.

Maybe it comes down to who agrees to an extension first? :huh:

For me, it comes down to who can get you a better package of players back. I wonder what a team like the Mets would give up for Buehrle? Milledge?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
For me, it comes down to who can get you a better package of players back. I wonder what a team like the Mets would give up for Buehrle? Milledge?

When you think about it, holding on to Freddy until the deadline of '07 could present a king's ransom. I say this because '07 is a contract year for him which is a huge motivator, we've seen this time and time again, combine this with the fact that he admitted to turning his competetiveness on and off and he won't be stressing his arm in any postseason or WBC games. Teams are always hard up for pitching at the deadline, will pay out the ass for it and it seems more than half the league is a contendeder these days when the time comes. It's risky as hell though.