Minnesota sports station plays "White Sox Funeral"

3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
Hey, KFan. I gots just one thing to say to yous...

V62aALUG.jpg

Talk to me when you guys actually make the series.

I second that...even when they get in, i smell a usual minnesota going into the bronx and crapping themselves in the ALDS.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
Hey, KFan. I gots just one thing to say to yous...

V62aALUG.jpg

Talk to me when you guys actually make the series.

that's the first thing I thought... yeah, im disappointed the sox are blowing it... but 2005 World Champions will always have a great ring to it!

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?foru...PostID=28916377

Almost impossible, but oh how I'd like to rub it in their face. This is the type of thing that can light some fire under some player's asses, and they need it, just need to make up 2 games in 1 and a half week, hard, but not impossible

how many times this year have the "wishers" said "THIS WILL GET THIS TEAM GOIN".....

and how many times have they responded....

Unless Johan can pitch every game they're going to be in the same place in a few weeks. Seriously, how far do you think you're going to go with Boof Bonser, Carlos Silva, and Scott Baker making starts in the playoffs? :bang

at least they'll be there :huh:

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?foru...PostID=28916377

Almost impossible, but oh how I'd like to rub it in their face. This is the type of thing that can light some fire under some player's asses, and they need it, just need to make up 2 games in 1 and a half week, hard, but not impossible

Yeah, maybe Konerko will raise his voice a little bit. Hell, he may even resist the urge to shrug his shoulder.

You can't light fires under the asses of players when they're practically zombified.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
Yeah, maybe Konerko will raise his voice a little bit. Hell, he may even resist the urge to shrug his shoulder.

You can't light fires under the asses of players when they're practically zombified.

And last night, the living dead were wearing pin-stripes.

Truthfully, I hope something like this does light a fire under their asses...but...if the standings/Freddy's near perfect game/AJ's walkoff home run/the want to repeat can't do that, I don't think anything in this stretch of the season will.

Corpseball at its finest.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
that's the first thing I thought... yeah, im disappointed the sox are blowing it... but 2005 World Champions will always have a great ring to it!

nice signature.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)

Even though I wasn't one who took offense to the banner, your avatar is awesome.

I think it's kinda tasteless for the Twins supporters to be having a mock funeral for the Sox after the whole Kirby Puckett incident. Oh well...maybe Blyleven can swear during the eulogy.

Yea, they are a bunch of panty wastes up here. This afternoon at work i wore my world series sox hat and i get the 'Are you guys eliminated yet?' comments. Then they give the 'Hey, your bears are going to choke this year just like the sox, so why dont you just jump onto our bandwagon when you have the chance' line. They all freakin suck up here.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Unless Johan can pitch every game they're going to be in the same place in a few weeks. Seriously, how far do you think you're going to go with Boof Bonser, Carlos Silva, and Scott Baker making starts in the playoffs? :bang

I'll bet the Yankees are praying Minnesota takes the wild card and the get them in the first round.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
I'll bet the Yankees are praying Minnesota takes the wild card and the get them in the first round.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Minnesota has been pretty hot record-wise, and their bullpen is a major asset in the playoffs. However, you would think that the rest of that rotation would be a major detriment, especially considering the Yankees have a much better lineup than pretty much any team in the league. All you need to do is win one of the games that Johan starts and they're just about done (though that can be difficult). I'd much rather face them than Detroit, they have several dangerous pitchers.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
I don't know if I'd go that far. Minnesota has been pretty hot record-wise, and their bullpen is a major asset in the playoffs. However, you would think that the rest of that rotation would be a major detriment, especially considering the Yankees have a much better lineup than pretty much any team in the league. All you need to do is win one of the games that Johan starts and they're just about done (though that can be difficult). I'd much rather face them than Detroit, they have several dangerous pitchers.

Zoomer, I think the only thing that will stop the Yankees is day after day after day good starting pitching. If I were the Jank's the only teams I would worry about are the White Sox and Athletics.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
I second that...even when they get in, i smell a usual minnesota going into the bronx and crapping themselves in the ALDS.

Am I the only one who would be rooting very hard for the Twins to beat the Yanks? Not that I'm giving up on the Sox just yet... but I would definitely root for the Twins in a series against the Yankees.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:16 AM)
Am I the only one who would be rooting very hard for the Twins to beat the Yanks? Not that I'm giving up on the Sox just yet... but I would definitely root for the Twins in a series against the Yankees.

Out of all of the AL teams, the Twins would be the one I would root for... easily.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 06:16 AM)

I would not could not in a box.

I would not could not with a fox.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 05:27 AM)
They've got nothing on this board. Most of you have been digging the graves since July.

The lady doth speak the truth