And That's a White Sox Winner!!!

DBAHO

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
Freddy, once again, :notworthy

Starting to get in the corner with Kal however, hopefully he isn't pitching himself into a rotation spot next season...... :o

I said that in the game thread...I hope he pitches well enough to raise his trade value, but not well enough to where we bring him back over Mark.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 02:40 AM)
I said that in the game thread...I hope he pitches well enough to raise his trade value, but not well enough to where we bring him back over Mark.

I think Kenny already has his mind made up on who's going... All Freddy is doing right now is raising his trade value. Hopefully he can put up two more solid starts and get that ERA below 4.50.

Nice win, but too little too late, I'm afraid. The Twins are 4.5 ahead with 12 to play. The Sox would have to play practically perfect or one of the two ahead would have to totally fall apart. It would be nice to see that last series in Minnesota mean something, even if we don't get it done.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
Nice win, but too little too late, I'm afraid. The Twins are 4.5 ahead with 12 to play. The Sox would have to play practically perfect or one of the two ahead would have to totally fall apart. It would be nice to see that last series in Minnesota mean something, even if we don't get it done.

speaking of falling apart.

Since taking a season-high 10-game lead in the AL Central after play on Aug. 7, when their record stood at 76-36, the Tigers have gone 14-25.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)

I certainly hope it does, since I am making the trek up to that dump....

Good game tonight...much more than I expected. Lets hope JG gets the same offensive support tomorrow and that we didn't spend it all tonight.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Freddy, once again, :notworthy

Starting to get in the corner with Kal however, hopefully he isn't pitching himself into a rotation spot next season...... :o

You have no idea what I'm going through right now watching this team. 3 things have happened thus far in September that have me scared s***less.

1.) Freddy learned a new pitch (after sucking ass for 5 months)

2.) Freddy comes out and says he thinks he'll regain his velocity over the offseason.

3.) Freddy has allowed 4 baserunners over his past 16 IP (if he does this in May it's forgotten by now but since he's doing it in September it will mean something)

I'm afraid these 3 factors will earn Freddy Garcia a spot in the rotation next year. Kenny needs to keep a stiff upper lip and kick Freddy out the damn door in November, his trade value is rising and could reach an all-time high (2006-present) this offseason.

Sure glad that we finally got a win again.

I also think it is too little too late, our only hope is that we go on winning streak and the Twins lose. I don't see the Twins falling apart though.

This could be the worst collapse in Tiger history if they lose the division to Minnesota.

Damnit Bobby, I thought I was going to see my third 1 hitter at the cell this year.

I haven't loooked at the game thread yet, but I'm guessing there were quite a few "Get Freddy out of there" posts after the walk and hit in the first inning.

Keep it up Sox. please :pray:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
You have no idea what I'm going through right now watching this team. 3 things have happened thus far in September that have me scared s***less.

2.) Freddy comes out and says he thinks he'll regain his velocity over the offseason.

3.) Freddy has allowed 4 baserunners over his past 16 IP (if he does this in May it's forgotten by now but since he's doing it in September it will mean something)

I'm afraid these 3 factors will earn Freddy Garcia a spot in the rotation next year. Kenny needs to keep a stiff upper lip and kick Freddy out the damn door in November, his trade value is rising and could reach an all-time high (2006-present) this offseason.

I said this in another thread but I think it bears repeating and discussion. I would estimate between the regular season, post season, and WBC, that Garcia has thrown about 300 innings in the last year, with next to no rest. I don't think that there is anyone is all of MLB that has done anything approaching that. It doesn't surprise me at all that his velocity has been way down. It also doesn't surprise me that he thinks he can crank it back up for next year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
I said this in another thread but I think it bears repeating and discussion. I would estimate between the regular season, post season, and WBC, that Garcia has thrown about 300 innings in the last year, with next to no rest. I don't think that there is anyone is all of MLB that has done anything approaching that. It doesn't surprise me at all that his velocity has been way down. It also doesn't surprise me that he thinks he can crank it back up for next year.

And this is what KW has to ask himself, if he can get more for Jose Contreras than he could for Freddy Garcia in a trade this off-season, does he head down that route this season?

Does Brandon McCarthy even become a starter for us? I saw a Sun - Times or Daily Herald article where Ozzie mooted the possibility they may have him start down at Charlotte next season.

A lot of scenarios to play around with here, so Kenny's certainly got options up his sleeve in terms of which way he wants to go here.

I think everyone knows though, something HAS to be done regarding our SP because it has been our weakest link this season, and it's probably going to cost us a playoff birth when it's all said and done (although I am still hoping for the playoffs of course). :D

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)

Maybe it should give u hope that Freddy will be better than he ever was before. Losing his velocity could be a blessing in disguise. It takes a talented pitcher to be able to master the split finger in a relatively short period of time. He's given up 2 hits in 16 innings. He's reinvented himself. Thats impressive , very very impressive.